Reimold: The Look in His Eye

srock

Yea, lot of work involved in actually reading a thread before responding, 56 prior posts could take a while if you are a slow reader.

I responded to your post because I thought the idea of you repeating the joke was funnier then the joke, either time it was told.

Cmon. The original joke may have been obvious, but still funny. MRImold....it's pretty funny.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cmon. The original joke may have been obvious, but still funny. MRImold....it's pretty funny.

I didn't say the original wasn't funny at all. Just that it being repeated was funnier.

I thought the original joke was notable enough that I remembered it three weeks later. That has to count for something right?

Not necessarily. It could just mean that Buck does not want to carry two guys that can only DH (Betemit & Reimold) on the roster at the same time. If Reimold can only DH, then whoever wins the final bench spot (Canzler/Pearce/Jackson) is the 4th outfielder and the Orioles would probably be hesitant to DH any of those guys in that situation because there would be no backup OF in the case of an in-game injury. I think it might have to do something with the limited flexibility it would cause rather than simply being a reflection of Reimold starting in LF or a LF platoon.

I agree.

Reimold will be the primary DH, but he needs to be capable of playing the field. But he won't play in the filed that often.

• 2 weeks later...
He also played LF for the first time in a couple of weeks. Any reports on how he looked?

I listened not watched. I sounded like two balls got over him and in front of the fence. That is usually not a good thing at Ed Smith. Btw, I really think you should go visit! So does ~d.

I listened not watched. I sounded like two balls got over him and in front of the fence. That is usually not a good thing at Ed Smith. Btw, I really think you should go visit! So does ~d.

My problem is this: my wife enjoys going to the ocasional baseball game, but there's no way she's going to 4-5 in one week. I'm very jealous of you, Bruce and other guys who married someone who really loves baseball. Not that I'm complaining about my bride of 25 years, mind you.

Still think McLouth in LF and Reimold at DH is the best lineup all around. If Reimold is swinging the bat like last year, he needs to be in there everyday. He could be the middle of the order bat we didn't get this offseason.

And I still have doubts that McLouth's bat will play in LF.

Still think McLouth in LF and Reimold at DH is the best lineup all around. If Reimold is swinging the bat like last year, he needs to be in there everyday. He could be the middle of the order bat we didn't get this offseason.

When a LHP starts, would you still start McLouth, or go with Pearce/Jackson/Ford (either in LF or as DH with Reimold in LF)?

And I still have doubts that McLouth's bat will play in LF.

Just curious what you mean by the phrase, "will play in LF?" Last year the average AL team had a .749 OPS in LF, median of .740. The O's were at .694, and that included Reimold's .974, Davis's .843, and McLouth's .783 in LF. Yes, the others were that abysmal. So, the bar isn't that high in order for the O's to improve significantly in LF on offense.

Just curious what you mean by the phrase, "will play in LF?" Last year the average AL team had a .749 OPS in LF, median of .740. The O's were at .694, and that included Reimold's .974, Davis's .843, and McLouth's .783 in LF. Yes, the others were that abysmal. So, the bar isn't that high in order for the O's to improve significantly in LF on offense.

I am not satisfied with "Better then the crap they threw out there last year". I doubt that McLouth can provide league average offense for a CO.

I am not satisfied with "Better then the crap they threw out there last year". I doubt that McLouth can provide league average offense for a CO.

I wasn't trying to be argumentative, just to give some context for my question to you. So let me rephrase -- where do you think the line is where a bat is good enough to "play in LF?" Is .750 good enough for you, or do you need to see higher? And if the line is lower, how much lower? And, factor in whatever your opinion is of McLouth's defense (I know opinions vary on that and I can't remember your position).

I wasn't trying to be argumentative, just to give some context for my question to you. So let me rephrase -- where do you think the line is where a bat is good enough to "play in LF?" Is .750 good enough for you, or do you need to see higher? And if the line is lower, how much lower? And, factor in whatever your opinion is of McLouth's defense (I know opinions vary on that and I can't remember your position).

730 OPS (since we are using OPS) based on last year's offensive model would be the lower limit of what I would say constitutes "Plays there". I think Reimold can provide well in excess of that.

I think McLouth gets to a good number of balls in left but I am not real impressed with his arm. He is likely to be better then Reimold out there.

730 OPS (since we are using OPS) based on last year's offensive model would be the lower limit of what I would say constitutes "Plays there". I think Reimold can provide well in excess of that.

I think McLouth gets to a good number of balls in left but I am not real impressed with his arm. He is likely to be better then Reimold out there.

I know they say he can play all three OF positions, but as I said in the lineup thread this morning, McLouth DOES NOT have the arm for RF. I like his defense. In fact, I think he's better at tracking balls than Jones but his arm isn't great.

Archived