Duquette says he was hoping to have JairJurrgens signed Thursday (Minor League Deal Signed)

Greg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A GREAT signing IMO now that they've agreed on a minor league deal. Like so many others the O's have in the organization, he has the potential to be a TOR type starter should he get healthy & fulfill the promise he once showed. If not, on to the next one. He is now the very definition of low risk/high reward.

And erm, can someone spell his name out phonetically?

Originally Posted by csgordos

I cannot imagine why you would want to pitch with a TKR (total knee replacement). They only last 15 years at most if not abused. A revision of a TKR is even worse. He is too young for a TKR voluntarily. I would imagine they would exhaust the PRP (plasma option) first. In fact if it is that bad I am surprised it isn't been done yet. I have had some patients who have had great success to date.

Thanks Dr.

I'm glad you chimed in.

Thanks Dr.

You realise that he isn't a real Dr. don't you... ;)

A GREAT signing IMO now that they've agreed on a minor league deal. Like so many others the O's have in the organization, he has the potential to be a TOR type starter should he get healthy & fulfill the promise he once showed. If not, on to the next one. He is now the very definition of low risk/high reward.

And erm, can someone spell his name out phonetically?

pron.: /ˈdʒaɪ.ər ˈdʒɜrdʒənz/ JY-ər JUR-jənz

Pronounced [Jair (just as it appears) GER-GENS]

pronounced "JEYE-er JER-jens"

I thought Roch had a more detailed description when we first signed him, but I couldn't find it. These are just a few that I snagged from a google search.

This is a Justin Duchserer acquisition all over again, IMO. The fact that Boras backed down into a MiL deal adds validity to the "bone on bone" speculation about his knee, IMO... which means, he's not very likely at all to ever contribute.

I'm glad the O's stuck to their guns though and were able to get him to sign a MiL deal, rather than the other deal we offered. The end result will be the same, but at least we won't have to make space on the 40-man or get our hopes up too much.

You realise that he isn't a real Dr. don't you... ;)

Nice to see you are still alive. And, yes I have my doctorate, but nobody calls me Dr. at work nor would I ever present myself that way. A lot of PTs want to be called Dr., seems pompous to me. Kinda like your doctorate? Turtles who breathe out of their mouths and anus. And they gave you a degree for that?:laughlol:

Assuming the kid can still walk:) Reminds me of when Syd "I have lost my marbles" Thrift traded for Trinidad Hubbard and some pitcher that never even saw a game. The Braves can evaluate talent and don't make mistakes, this will be no different. Book it.

The infamous Luis Rivera. As of a couple years ago, he was pitching professionally in Mexico.

Archived