Jim Johnson Today, 2013

OFFNY

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vatech or others....I would be curious to hear what you all think is the issue with JJ? I did not see the game (was checking it from my phone at dinner with the wife, she was nonplussed to say the least). But from what I saw, the velocity was there and I have seen the movement is still good, but it looked like the pitches were all over the freaking place and no where close, especially the four pitch walk.

Is it something mechanical that can be easily fixed that could give him his command back? Not saying that he should close again anytime soon even if they find anything, but it obviously doesn't seem he is hurt, so can we get him back to a shut down closer with some time and work?

On another note, I am glad I missed that game, was so tough to see on the phone, can't imagine actually watching it....

This year a 1-2-3 inning is very rare. Even when JJ gets a save there's one or two on base. At least he needs some time off to clear his head. I'm not for packing his bags yet. The closer job is no longer his IMO. It's time for Tommy Hunter to give it a try.

I'm not worrying about them breaking the team. I'm worried about them leaving the team a few games short of a wild-card spot

We will bounce back. We have a great manager and a tough team. Your point is very valid though. It isn't going to be an easy trip to the playoffs and the pen could cost us getting there.

On another note, I am glad I missed that game, was so tough to see on the phone, can't imagine actually watching it....

I'm out of town and tuned in towards the 9th. As soon as the lead off man was on I got that sinking feeling in my stomach. The fielding error after made me want to vomit. :(

Id rather have Gausman close at this point. Theres NO excuses anymore. He's cost us too many games, and almost all of it his doing.

If you think this guy couldnt cost us a shot at the playoffs think again. He probably already has.

Well said sir.

5.5 now Red Sox up 2-0 already.

July5th last year they were 5.5 behind the Yankees and as late as July 18th the were 10 behind and only 3 games over .500. Just like last year when they turned the defense around, I'm sure they will get the closer turned around too.

July5th last year they were 5.5 behind the Yankees and as late as July 18th the were 10 behind and only 3 games over .500. Just like last year when they turned the defense around, I'm sure they will get the closer turned around too.

Not the same team. Bullpen was money last year.

I'm out of town and tuned in towards the 9th. As soon as the lead off man was on I got that sinking feeling in my stomach. The fielding error after made me want to vomit. :(

Watching all the dots for the balls on the phone was painful enough.....I feel for you, only getting to see the bad ending. Hopefully we will make it up tomorrow....

Anyone who doesn't see believe our flaws will hold us out of the playoffs is a complete homer. Our offense is not "slumping", its really bad and guys are reverting back to their norms and not career years like they started. The starters are on track but the pen was so overworked early on that they will not recover. Right now we are not a playoff team. We simply don't have enough. You can blind to it all you want, but there is no way we make it without bullpen help and 2-3 bats.

This year a 1-2-3 inning is very rare. Even when JJ gets a save there's one or two on base. At least he needs some time off to clear his head. I'm not for packing his bags yet. The closer job is no longer his IMO. It's time for Tommy Hunter to give it a try.

I'd disable him until after the break with an overworked arm.

Archived