Jim Johnson Today, 2013

OFFNY

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if the Orioles ever had a player responsible for two wrecked seasons. He blew last year in the playoffs and this year he is even better. He is wrecking our chance at the playoffs.

That's what I said. He pissed our chances away at the ALCS last year. Now we can't get into the damn playoffs. Because he can't get people out.

I think DD was ahead of everyone including Buck, most of all, in landing KRod the veteran closer for just this purpose. If JJ continues to fail I think DD and the warehouse will be all over Buck to make a change. I hope it's not too late. The fans are restless Buck. Really restless! I'm talking to Oriole fans who have said some pretty bad things about JJ I never thought I would hear. We have three big series coming up at OP and we have to win most of the games. The Orioles in this Arizona series have hit more deep fly balls to the walls and just foul down the lines than I can remember. The Oriole hitters impatience at the plate is really irritating right now. The pitcher tonight I think had a couple of 5 pitch innings. Just crazy. Gonzalez didn't have time to take a leak between innings. Boom in the 11th Goldschmidt hits his 2nd HR of the night off of McFarland on a sweet pitch right over the plate Chris Davis would have hit 470.' Really bad loss. Really bad. Buck almost ran out of the dugout to the tunnel. Maybe JJ will get bumped now instead of later. Can't wait to hear his postgame show after KRod had 2 K's in his quick 1,2,3 8th.

Johnson gives up a rare homer to a great hitter, and people want to replace him with a pitcher that has given up 4 homers since we traded for him.

He's the best option, and that's not going to change. Every other pitcher in our BP has matchup problems.

Then they should be playing match-up's instead of praying for saves and/or rain.

Johnson gives up a rare homer to a great hitter, and people want to replace him with a pitcher that has given up 4 homers since we traded for him.

He's the best option, and that's not going to change. Every other pitcher in our BP has matchup problems.

Not that I'd actually lobby for K-Rod... but Johnson did far more than just give up the tying homer in the 9th. He looked awful. A little luck is the only reason the game wasn't lost then and there.

Archived