Jim Johnson Today, 2013

OFFNY

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JJ looked really good today. Hopefully he'll reel off another 35 saves in a row now.

To be honest, this is what I expect. He'll have blips like this every now and then (all good closers do) but then they all get back on track and settle in for a nice long productive streak.

To be honest, this is what I expect. He'll have blips like this every now and then (all good closers do) but then they all get back on track and settle in for a nice long productive streak.

Which is fine, but is it worth 6.5 million? More importantly, is it worth what he will be making next season?

Which is fine, but is it worth 6.5 million? More importantly, is it worth what he will be making next season?

lol are you asking moi? The one who has started multiple threads over the last 18 months about the need to trade JJ ASAP while at peak value?

When JJ saves the last game of the O's World Series win the he will be worth it.

No, he won't. That's when you want to trade him and get the most you can for him. Relievers are the most interchangeable parts there are in the game and not worth big expenditures in payroll. There may be someone in our BP worth that much based on career numbers (O'Day) but it sure as heck isn't Jim Johnson. I'd rather convert someone at half the cost who will do the same job The save is the most over hyped stat in baseball and not a reliable gauge from a team's standpoint in negotiations and that's what Johnson's agent will be working.

Archived