vs. TWINS, 4/05 (Home Opener)

OFFNY

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The close up on TV was ok, but having someone who cared about him throwing the ball would have been nice. They just had the sad tributes, the pitch is a celebration. Its baseball. At the stadium its just a ball sitting there. The Os managed to get a lot of sad tributes in today, I think having the pitch be something celebratory would have been much better.

I don't disagree. I think that this was either plan A, or a last minute plan C when someone who was already lined up had to cancel or something along those lines. I say plan C because there are probably multiple guys (Palmer, etc) who played under Earl and who would've been my personal choice for a plan B, assuming my thinking is correct.

I don't disagree. I think that this was either plan A, or a last minute plan C when someone who was already lined up had to cancel or something along those lines. I say plan C because there are probably multiple guys (Palmer, etc) who played under Earl and who would've been my personal choice for a plan B, assuming my thinking is correct.

Yeah the ceremony was good, I was all jacked up, then they have me near tears (last year was tough on the Os family) and I was ready to celebrate Earls life after all of that. Not a big deal, Im sure they consulted some people who knew Earl very well before they made the decision and, knowing that, Im certain their decision was the right one. Selfishly, I was eager to cheer for Early and get my eyes dried back up.

Buck HAS to take manny out of the 2 hole!

But Reimold in there and make the switch permanent!

You get people pretty mad talking about moving Manny. Of course our worst hitter shouldnt be batting 2nd, but saying that gets people angry. Buck has been in baseball for a long time so he cant make mistakes, I believe that is why no one can have an opinion.

Nick and Nolan should lead us off. End of story.

Archived