Disappointed in attendance?

Pedro Cerrano

Today's attendance: 41,265

277,359 compared to 201,297 last year. They'll lose ground the next 3 games, because Games 10-12 last year were on a weekend and drew 77,016. Still, they'll be up 40,000 or so for the first month of the year.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
277,359 compared to 201,297 last year. They'll lose ground the next 3 games, because Games 10-12 last year were on a weekend and drew 77,016. Still, they'll be up 40,000 or so for the first month of the year.

All in all pretty much what I expect.

For a lot of people it will take last year and being competitive much of this year to buy back into Oriole magic.

Given the expense of taking a family to a game and the number of competing activities its understandable

They keep playing competitive ball and it will keep getting better. The crowds did not vanish overnight and will not come back overnight.

Being little league day really helped today. It was chilly in the shade. The top looked empty in the stands, but a lot of people were in the concourse soaking up the sun. I thought it was a great crowd. Seemed like a lot of LA fans today.

11,168. This series is going to be a dog, especially with a Wednesday 12:35 game.

I was at tonights game. There was probably 3000 people at the end of the game but I don't blame people for leaving as it was freezing.

Not surprised by tonight's attendance at all. School night, it's cold, Toronto has names but not enough to sell a game on a Monday night at this time of the year. I will say that even though it wasn't a big crowd, listening on TV they were quite loud and audible.

Not surprised by tonight's attendance at all. School night, it's cold, Toronto has names but not enough to sell a game on a Monday night at this time of the year. I will say that even though it wasn't a big crowd, listening on TV they were quite loud and audible.

It was loud at the end. You don't seem to need a lot of people to make noise.

Opposing teams shouldn't be the reason we have high attendance. People don't flock to Boston, Texas, and San Fran games to see the Yankees, Angels, and Dodgers (well most of them don't). They go to see the Red Sox, Rangers, and Giants.

It'll probably a deep playoff run/championship to get there though. A lot of scorned hearts over the past 15 years.

I was at tonights game. There was probably 3000 people at the end of the game but I don't blame people for leaving as it was freezing.

Yup. I brought a jacket because I thought it would be a bit nippy. Probably should have brought a winter coat to be honest. Very cold, especially with the wind.

We stayed to the end, but my dad joked that should it go extas we'd probably go inside to watch sometime around the 14th inning.

A cool quarter million for the whole year if they keep it up. And if they stay in contention it will only get better. That 10,000 walkup Saturday Night could become more the norm than the oddity.

Yeah, I was there too. Had an O's ssweatshirt AND a jacket and it was freezing! Tonight we're going again in our season seats, upper deck behind home plate. I'm breaking out the winter O's coat tonight. Screw that coldness!

As for the crowds, all I know is I was able to run to the restroom and only missed one batter. Opening Day I missed a half an inning. Large crowds are more fun, for sure, but small crowds are more convenient. And....there were still plenty of eye candy there to look at!

Archived