Would you put Machado in the category of Harper/Trout?

ChaosLex

Does Machado belong in the same category as Harper or Trout?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Does Machado belong in the same category as Harper or Trout?

One of the Baltimore writers (can't remember if it was Roch or Melewski, but I'm leaning towards the latter) said he belongs in the conversation yesterday on Twitter. If someone wanted to dig up the tweet in question, I'd be much obliged.

What say you?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you thinking of Ken Rosenthal? There's a thread discussing his article here: http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/132478-Rosenthal-Article-Machado-20-excelling-as-young-star

If Manny finishes the 2013 the way he started it, then there is no question is belongs in the category of Harper/Trout. He may even be in his own category.

Are you thinking of Ken Rosenthal? There's a thread discussing his article here: http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/132478-Rosenthal-Article-Machado-20-excelling-as-young-star

If Manny finishes the 2013 the way he started it, then there is no question is belongs in the category of Harper/Trout. He may even be in his own category.

No, it was a tweet I saw yesterday. Could've been from Rosenthal although I could've sworn it was Melewski. Hmm...

I've actually pondered this myself the past few days. I don't think he's there quite yet just because of what those 2 have already accomplished at this level. But he's made himself part of the conversation.

Let's see how he finishes the year. He's basically had 1 hot month offensively.

No, it was a tweet I saw yesterday. Could've been from Rosenthal although I could've sworn it was Melewski. Hmm...

Melewski tweeted Monday about an MLB network segment that was going to discuss the issue. Is that maybe what you saw? It wasn't the prettiest of tweets.

One of the Baltimore writers (can't remember if it was Roch or Melewski, but I'm leaning towards the latter) said he belongs in the conversation yesterday on Twitter. If someone wanted to dig up the tweet in question, I'd be much obliged.

What say you?

They may have been referring to the MLB Network.
Bill Ripken thinks Machado should be in the same conversation as Harper and Trout.

<iframe src='http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=26783717&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

By category with Trout/ Harper, I assume you mean best young position players in baseball. When you take into account everything: age, stats, position, etc, I don't think the question is does he belong in the group. I think it is pretty obvious that Machado belongs in the group. I think the question is becoming how would you rank the group. I am not saying Manny is better than Harper/ Trout, although I think you can make that argument when you consider the position they are all playing (and this would be 100 fold more so if Manny was playing shortstop). All that aside, the best part about Machado is just getting the privilege to watch him play day in and day out. I think he is my favorite player to watch play the game since Ken Griffey Jr. He just makes it look easy.

Archived