Is Jim Johnson sick?

Baxter

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim Johnson has been less than stellar for a while now.

I knew when he came in the game tonight he was going to blow it. I just knew it.

He's a relief pitcher. This happens. It is also why you trade them when their value is high and don't sign them to long term contracts.

Yep, ever since he help blow the ALDS for us

Huh? You mean except for the fact that he converted 14 consecutive saves since then before this past week?

I don't know what's up with Johnson, but it has nothing to do with his ALDS struggles.

He had a great year last year but combined with the playoff performance, I don't want to pay this guy next year.

I have a strong desire to spend a couple of hours tomorrow morning digging up and bumping every thread where folks called Johnson an elite closer and said he was off limits in trades and had to be extended long term.

I have a strong desire to spend a couple of hours tomorrow morning digging up and bumping every thread where folks called Johnson an elite closer and said he was off limits in trades and had to be extended long term.

I just finished saying last week he was the best closer in the game accept for Rivera.

This game really really really hurts. Painful. We are in trouble.

Well then I know I'm safe. Because I recall several exchanges in which I referred to Johnson as "fine", as a contrast to "elite".

Archived