2013 Orioles Draft Tracker

The players signing without getting signing bonuses are not that bright. You should have no problem getting at least 10k out of the team.

Pretty sure most of them get at least some signing bonus, we just don't hear about them unless they're local (Hader, Kemp, Velleggia a few years ago) or of a notable amount (Bray, Gassaway, Keller).

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so after signing Dosch, do we have $242,100 left? If I total the figures in the chart that is what I get but total still says $197k and change. Please let us know what the figure is and what we can go up to without losing a draft pick. Seems like maybe we have a shot at one more overslot? Was curious if that still remains most likely the pitcher from Indiana? Thanks.

so after signing Dosch, do we have $242,100 left? If I total the figures in the chart that is what I get but total still says $197k and change. Please let us know what the figure is and what we can go up to without losing a draft pick. Seems like maybe we have a shot at one more overslot? Was curious if that still remains most likely the pitcher from Indiana? Thanks.

According to Baseball America, the Orioles are $142,900 under budget after the Dosch signing. This means that they can spend up to $242,900 on any one other pick without any penalties (financial or otherwise). The most that they can spend on any one player without losing a draft pick is $562,295.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draftdb/2013xteam.php?team=1002

This means that they can spend up to $242,900 on any one other pick without any penalties (financial or otherwise). The most that they can spend on any one player without losing a draft pick is $562,295.]

Can't they use that money to sign several players?

Can't they use that money to sign several players?
Yes, they can. The first 100K of any signing after the 10th round is considered slot money. They could, theoretically, sign one player for $200K and another for $142,900 without any penalties(financial or otherwise). I just put what I put above to simplify things. Unfortunately, I doubt the Orioles will spend into the area where they will have to pay any financial penalties. I hope that I am wrong.

Max Homick, 32nd round signed for under 100K.

Round 1: RHP Hunter Harvey

Round 1S: OF Josh Hart

Round 2: C Chance Sisco

Round 3: LHP Stephen Tarpley

Round 4: C Jonah Heim

Round 5: LHP Travis Seabrooke

Round 6: C Alex Murphy

Round 7: 3B Drew Dosch

Round 8: 1B Trey Mancini

Round 9: LHP Mitch Horacek

Round 10: C Austin Wynns

Round 11: LHP Steven Brault

Round 12: RHP Jacob Bray

Round 13: RHP Jimmy Yacabonis

Round 14: OF Mike Yastrzemski

Round 16: 1B Randolph Gassaway

Round 17:RHP Caleb Kellogg

Round 19:RHP Dylan Rheault

Round 20: RHP Nick Cunningham

Round 22: RHP Jon Keller

Round 23: RHP Stefan Crichton

Round 24: SS Jared Breen

Round 27: LHP Donnie Hart

Round 29: OF Conor Bierfeldt

Round 32: LHP Max Homick

Round 33: SS Jeff Kemp

Round 36: LHP Eric Green

Round 37: SS Justin Viele

Round 39: LHP Augey Bill

Round 40: RHP Garrett Cortright

http://www.masnsports.com/steve_melewski/2013/07/the-os-sign-another-draft-pick.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

One last overslot:

According to an industry source, the Orioles have agreed to terms with prep left-hander Danny Ayers from Columbus Indiana, their 25th rounder who was the 759th player selected in June.

Ayers, a 6-foot-3, 205-pounder who can throw his fastball consistently in the low-90s, was ranked as the 177th best draftable amateur this year by Baseball America. But his stock dropped due to perceived bonus demands and a college commitment to Western Michigan University.

According to a source, Ayers has agreed to a $200,000 bonus – double the suggested slot for anyone after the 10th round and roughly the equivalent of a high seventh rounder – pending physical, which was scheduled for Thursday.

The players signing without getting signing bonuses are not that bright. You should have no problem getting at least 10k out of the team.

Usually, when an individual calls a group of people "not that bright," when said individual has likely never walked in the shoes of that group of people, then said individual probably needs to take a look in the mirror. Just saying.

Archived