2013 Orioles Draft Tracker

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking over Aberdeen's roster, noticed a few undrafted FAs, most notably Austin Urban, who was a potential overslot guy back in I think 2010 with a FB up to 95 and a solid curve. He was a Penn State commit but ended up going to community college in Iowa, where he was drafted by the Cubs in the 41st round and took an overslot bonus before being released to make room for new draftees. I'd imagine there might have been some sort of injury issue what with him not pitching last year.

Looking over Aberdeen's roster, noticed a few undrafted FAs, most notably Austin Urban, who was a potential overslot guy back in I think 2010 with a FB up to 95 and a solid curve. He was a Penn State commit but ended up going to community college in Iowa, where he was drafted by the Cubs in the 41st round and took an overslot bonus before being released to make room for new draftees. I'd imagine there might have been some sort of injury issue what with him not pitching last year.

"Pissed off for greatness! Pitcher in the Baltimore Orioles organization!"

Unless there has been other information elsewhere, Heim probably should be de-bolded for now. There was the article posted by Br10n that said he expected to sign for near slot, but as I pointed out in that thread there is no news that he has actually signed yet. And in the article on 9th rounder today, it lists Heim as one of the remaining unsigned.

Unless there has been other information elsewhere, Heim probably should be de-bolded for now. There was the article posted by Br10n that said he expected to sign for near slot, but as I pointed out in that thread there is no news that he has actually signed yet. And in the article on 9th rounder today, it lists Heim as one of the remaining unsigned.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/baltimore_orioles/index.html

What happened? Both of these are from Melewski's blog.

Dosch hurt his knee before the draft and is unsure whether he will go pro yet. Both he and the Orioles probably want to see how he does in his rehab before agreeing to a price. I imagine the O's are looking to save some money with his slot.

Hart is probably waiting to see how much money the O's save and use that in his negotiations. He has the leverage of college of course, but I doubt the O's are going to give him much above slot. He needs to sign and get out and start playing ball.

Dosch hurt his knee before the draft and is unsure whether he will go pro yet. Both he and the Orioles probably want to see how he does in his rehab before agreeing to a price. I imagine the O's are looking to save some money with his slot.

Hart is probably waiting to see how much money the O's save and use that in his negotiations. He has the leverage of college of course, but I doubt the O's are going to give him much above slot. He needs to sign and get out and start playing ball.

Wow. Sorry to hear both of these things.

Archived