The BRob Effect

webbrick2010

I think BRob is likely to outhit Flaherty by a substantial margin for the rest of the year.
I'd take that bet. ;) How about if Roberts does outhit (by OPS) Flaherty from this point on I'll take you to a game and if Flaherty outhits Roberts, you take me to a game in your sweet seats? :D BTW, it's not that I think Flaherty is some great hitter, it's just that I have little reason to believe that Roberts is a .600+ OPS guy over a sustained time period in the big leagues any more.

Bump....Since this bet was placed on the morning of July 10, BRob has hit .308/.379/.538 in 29 PA. But Flaherty is winning the bet, hitting 1.000/1.000/1.000 in 1 PA!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bump....Since this bet was placed on the morning of July 10, BRob has hit .308/.379/.538 in 29 PA. But Flaherty is winning the bet, hitting 1.000/1.000/1.000 in 1 PA!

On a side note, for the past 14 day period. Roberts has out performed Dustin Pedroia & Ben Zobrist in Fantasy points, and just two behind Ian Kinsler and Johnson.

Not shabby for somebody that needed to be DFA by some here.

Overall offensively, he ranked 6th among the MLB 2nd Baseman.

On a side note, for the past 14 day period. Roberts has out performed Dustin Pedroia & Ben Zobrist in Fantasy points, and just two behind Ian Kinsler and Johnson.

Not shabby for somebody that needed to be DFA by some here.

Overall offensively, he ranked 6th among the MLB 2nd Baseman.

I'm just hoping he can keep putting up solid numbers for the final 63 games (and stay on the field). The offense looks a lot better when he's contributing.

Hello my name is Brob and all I do is prove people wrong.

Hello brob my name is webbrick and all I am is wrong so we have that in common......

SSS to be sure but Baseball Reference has him below replacement level and Fangraphs has him at replacement level. He has no stolen bases since his return and his defense has been bad.

Not something worth crowing about at this point.

SSS to be sure but Baseball Reference has him below replacement level and Fangraphs has him at replacement level. He has no stolen bases since his return and his defense has been bad.

Not something worth crowing about at this point.

He has made one error, and that was in an inning with 2 outs and no one on base. It ended up being nothing. He has played completely adequate 2nd base. Made a nice decision and strong throw to Manny last night to get Murphy in a run down to save a run. In the last week i saw Pedroia and Utley both make costly errors at 2nd base on similar type plays. Give the guy a break he is not THAT bad. Plus he is hitting and driving in runs.

He is not getting to balls that Flaherty and Casilla would get to.

He has been bad.

Not terrible, not horrific, but bad.

He should be getting replaced late in games with the O's ahead.

I agree with the last sentence. The way you are defining "bad," I can live with that description. His technique has been good, he's done a nice job turning the DP, but his range is clearly below average.

He has been bad.

Yep. Especially with an extreme GB closer and 2 above average defenders at 2B on the bench. There is no excuse for leaving him in.

There have been a couple games i've missed since he has been back, but not many and i dont recall many balls that have been hit his way that he hasn't been able to get to. One maybe in the Texas series i saw that Casilla and Failherty would have gotten to, but def not a guaranteed. Adequate is a word i'm going to use for his D. Def not bad.

He has been bad.

I agree with the last sentence. The way you are defining "bad," I can live with that description. His technique has been good, he's done a nice job turning the DP, but his range is clearly below average.

I do agree with you on your last sentence tho too. Makes perfect sense. Plus gives him a little more rest and less likely to get injured

There have been a couple games i've missed since he has been back, but not many and i dont recall many balls that have been hit his way that he hasn't been able to get to. One maybe in the Texas series i saw that Casilla and Failherty would have gotten to, but def not a guaranteed. Adequate is a word i'm going to use for his D. Def not bad.
I see 2 or 3 every game. I don't see why he isn't replaced any time we have a save situation.

I do agree with you on your last sentence tho too. Makes perfect sense. Plus gives him a little more rest and less likely to get injured

It has nothing to do with rest or injury risk. He's got poor range at 2B. Flaherty and Casilla have great range. They are much better defenders. Pick one, and our chances of winning increase.

Archived