vs. Royals 7-22

scOtt

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good call. Has he pitched since the break?

Nope. It's been 10 days since he last pitched. But Buck might hold him for tomorrow in case Ham struggles.

Has Britton? What are we doing with him?

Isn't Britton back with Norfolk now?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I’d much rather give the RH platoon at bats to Urias, who has been a reverse splits guy and should be getting more playing time.
    • Yea the glove is likely the issue and I’m guessing he hasn’t gotten brought up yet because they need to see more out of him in the OF. But the bat should play.
    • Well first off, I’m not necessarily advocating that he could’ve done so, just that that’s what meant by bat control. For second, hell, a double play could’ve worked with the run scoring on the DP.  His 2022 K% and BB% put him at less likely to just strike out there uselessly. Even if it is just a DP.  A softly hit ground ball likely results in a  DP that allows the run to score. Bat control. Lastly, in only 109 PA’s, he managed at least a few sac flies (the first of which is on an up in the zone 93.6 MPH sinker): https://www.mlb.com/video/alek-manoah-in-play-run-s-to-terrin-vavra   https://www.mlb.com/nationals/video/bal-tor-87195b      
    • Isn't this a basic result of the Kyle Boddy disruption?    You'd know a lot better than me, but I don't get the impression hitting your spots precisely is a huge priority.     It doesn't matter if you are good enough at the Tyler Glasnow Felix Bautista kind of things...they just need to make a minimum viable free throw percentage.    I kind of look at '22-'23 Bautista like if Shaq got up to making ~80% of his foul shots.
    • John Angelos scoffed at the idea of resigning/extending Rutschman last year on Opening Day and hard a sharp negative reaction to the notion of doing extensions for young stars. He NEVER stated publicly that he was even interested in the contending, let alone winning a championship. If the owner as the leader of the organization does chart the course and set the bar with a World Series being the goal, then how can anyone else under him do that? Yes billionaires are people and thus they are very capable of lying. But as of yet, Rubenstien hasn't done that. ANd he has shown in his life before becoming owner of the Orioles that he is not afraid to spend significant money or even give large amounts of it away to philanthropic endeavors. I am not going to judge the man or participate in any "public outcry" campaign without giving him a chance to see what he might do. I want to ask you again why you signed up for this site over 10 years ago and then waited until this season to begin posting about how cheap the owner is? Why were you silent during all of JA's awfulness? 
    • It’s nonsensical to not want to lump records into a league they never played in? And of course that’s why MLB is doing this. Thinking it’s not is naive.
    • I think Norby is a guy they've tried to move and probably hasn't garnered a lot of traction as a real piece. He's still young, and you're right, he's always hit but the glove is probably making him a much less attractive option in trade value.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now