TT: Buck needs to make a decision on Brian Roberts

Tony-OH

I want BRob no where near this team next year at any price. To me he is a Mush. The Orioles have never had a winning record when he has been on the team. Even this year, in the games that Roberts was active, they have a losing record. NO thanks. Move on.

He's a Multi-User Shared Hallucination? Are you trying to say that the OH has created Brian Roberts as something to argue over?

Interesting view point.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love BRob, but I'd like to see them move on as well. Really wanted him to get a taste of the playoffs finally, but this was his one shot to do it as an Oriole IMO.

Agreed - I would love to hear from DD that he was going all out to sign Robinson Cano or that Schoop and Flaherty would be the 2B position battle in camp.

Agreed - I would love to hear from DD that he was going all out to sign Robinson Cano or that Schoop and Flaherty would be the 2B position battle in camp.

Oh, don't worry. I'm sure Trea will start 8 million Cano threads soon. He's THE premiere talent we need, you know?

Oh, don't worry. I'm sure Trea will start 8 million Cano threads soon. He's THE premiere talent we need, you know?

I know - I don't expect it - but if we are not going after Cano - which we won't, I would like to see them have a Schoop v. Flaherty battle royal with the deck stacked in Schoop's favor.

He's a Multi-User Shared Hallucination? Are you trying to say that the OH has created Brian Roberts as something to argue over?

Interesting view point.

MUSH.. ie: loser, something always goes wrong when he is around. See the movie A Bronx Tale for an accurate description.

MUSH.. ie: loser, something always goes wrong when he is around. See the movie A Bronx Tale for an accurate description.

First off, name calling is against board rules.

Secondly, this idea is just absurd. So Roberts is the reason we stunk for so long huh? You do know that the O's didn't go to the playoffs for 13 straight years during Ripken's career too, right? Is Cal also a "mush?"

Last 10 G .668 OPS and 8 of those 10 were in the road. He hasn't been hitting well since he got off the DL.

Right, because the last ten games is certainly all we should go off of. Sorry, but that's silly. Duquette is more aggressive then most GMs in promoting young prospects and with the hole at second base, I see no reason why he won't be in a battle for second base next spring.

Right, because the last ten games is certainly all we should go off of. Sorry, but that's silly. Duquette is more aggressive then most GMs in promoting young prospects and with the hole at second base, I see no reason why he won't be in a battle for second base next spring.

It just makes common sense, bring up to the main club for preseason, give him a shot to see what he can do, if he makes it, great, if not, nothing ventured, nothing gain, he starts the season at AAA, and becomes a candidate to play yo-yo for the year.

Are you being very specific to Roberts here, or are you just saying any major leaguer with the success he's had? I never knew BRob to be an "ego" kinda guy? Then again, I don't see them once the cameras stop rolling.

In this case a little of both. Did you not here Roberts interview this spring when he said the second base job was his? Even if he was told that, a proper non-egotystical response would have been something like, "I've worked hard this off season and I'm ready to compete with some outstanding teammates for the second base job."

Add in the fact that he's coming off a $40 million contract and I think he'll retire rather than come back on a minor league deal.

In this case a little of both. Did you not here Roberts interview this spring when he said the second base job was his? Even if he was told that, a proper non-egotystical response would have been something like, "I've worked hard this off season and I'm ready to compete with some outstanding teammates for the second base job."

Add in the fact that he's coming off a $40 million contract and I think he'll retire rather than come back on a minor league deal.

If Robert's managed his money correctly, which I hope he did, and I've heard nothing to suggest he hasn't.

He should be just fine after baseball, and there is always ESPN or MASN. :)

If a player is struggling he has an ego, if he is succeeding he is confident.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

What's he hitting since he got off the DL? He's .676 post ASB. You cherry pick some stat based on 151 AB and think that makes him a shoo in for 2B next season? That's what's silly, IMO. Sure he'll be up in Sept. and in ST but it's unlikely he is going to show that much improvement without more time in AAA, unless he plays winter ball.

I think some team will give him a major league deal for $2 mm or less.

Archived