For what it's worth......Pitching!

Belkast

Do we all agree that DCab isn't in that class? OR Do we still have people on here that believe that DCab could still put it together? Count me in as one that doesn't like DCab. I think he has tremendous talent but I have lost faith in him ever being able to control himself mentally. How awesome would it be though if he WAS able to have everything click?

My problem with DCab is that it seems his stuff isn't as good as it once was. Whether thats because he's taking something off of his pitches hoping for better control is the question.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My problem with DCab is that it seems his stuff isn't as good as it once was. Whether thats because he's taking something off of his pitches hoping for better control is the question.

The strike outs are down but I think that is because he is trying to pitch rather then throw. I sure am glad I am not the one that will decide his fate. This guy is really a mystery!

The strike outs are down but I think that is because he is trying to pitch rather then throw. I sure am glad I am not the one that will decide his fate. This guy is really a mystery!

I do think the Orioles are too enamored by him and his potential at this point...We still hear things how they want to keep him in case he puts it together.

I wouldn't give him away or anything but if a good offer is there, I deal him...I think the Orioles feel they need better than a "good" offer.

The strikeouts are down because the velocity and movement are down, not because he's trying to pitch.

I'd much rather Cabrera be walking 4 per game and striking out 9 than striking out 6 and walking 3. He's never going to be an ace, but he can be a very good #3 type pitcher if he gets back to his pre-2007 form. He took a major step back last season.

I do think the Orioles are too enamored by him and his potential at this point...We still hear things how they want to keep him in case he puts it together.

I wouldn't give him away or anything but if a good offer is there, I deal him...I think the Orioles feel they need better than a "good" offer.

I agree ... But i wouldn't automatically give him a spot in the rotation.

Guys isn't his fastball velocity down????

That I dont believe would be intentional!

Personally - and it's interesting that I'm the first to note this - I think it could be Spoone.

The high GB tendencies. The improving K-rates. Right now he's profiling as a #3 at best, but I really like what I see.

He won't be Bedard-dominant, necessarily. I think he profiles a bit like Dan Haren, but with slightly better stuff.

I think Mackus and SG are right on this one. Frankly, I suspect an injury of some kind - the difference in his pitches (if not his results) this past year was drastic. I don't cut him loose for peanuts - and I think he's still a competent back-end of the rotation guy - but a good offer should spring him from Baltimore.

I understand them being enamored with him. He really has the stuff that could make him in a league of his own. I think I would trade him if we could but I would sure be worries about making the wrong decision.

Btw...With all the crap that has been happening lately I am really enjoying this conversation. I hope everyone gets involved in this post here and other boards and shows everybody that we still have some great fans with a lot of knowledge. Go O's!!!!!

I think Mackus and SG are right on this one. Frankly, I suspect an injury of some kind - the difference in his pitches (if not his results) this past year was drastic. I don't cut him loose for peanuts - and I think he's still a competent back-end of the rotation guy - but a good offer should spring him from Baltimore.

Do you think we rushed him to the big leagues? I can't help to believe that MAYBE we should have left him in the minors longer. If indeed he was rushed he probably won't ever be the pitcher that we want him to be.

I would say Chorye Spoone. He does not give up many homeruns, 18 so far in his minor league career, he gives up about .47 HR/9. Shows he can pitch in high pressure situations like he did during the Carolina league playoffs with two complete games and was the MVP award winner. Has a pretty good strike out rate around 7 K/9. He also has pretty good stuff. I think it was BA that said he had the best slider in the organization. Last year hitters only hit about 200. against him.

Archived