Why can't we pitch?

calmunderfire

I've never seen a team that has had so many problems developing its pitching. Every so-called star that comes up develops psychological problems. They all are fidgety and undisciplined on the mound. They all look scared of their own shadows. And they all end up in the bullpen after failing as starters. All those up-and-coming top-ranked pitchers who can't get major league pitching out. Certainly Dan Duquette must see what's going on. All that wasted talent.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um they aren't good? Aside from Tillman and maybe Norris, the rest of the rotation should be wide open next year. This team needs to shell the grow the pitching, reclamation scrap heap projects and actually get some good pitchers, and not just arms.

That will never happen, they are too chicken s.... to trade prospects and will never pay for pitcher.

Chen usually has solid command of his fastball. His secondary pitches are poor, but he can be effective at times because he can locate his fastball to all 4 quadrants of the strike zone. Chen's stuff is average best so when he doesn't have command he can get lit up.

Which is why he will never be 1,2 or 3 SP. Most of what I read about Chen before 2012, was that Wada was the better SP option and Chen was more suited for the bullpen. Chen will be a Joe Saunders type pitcher. Always around .500 with an ERA in the 4's.

Which is why he will never be 1,2 or 3 SP. Most of what I read about Chen before 2012, was that Wada was the better SP option and Chen was more suited for the bullpen. Chen will be a Joe Saunders type pitcher. Always around .500 with an ERA in the 4's.

He had one bad night. In his previous 10 starts he allowed more than 3 runs once! I am not saying he is Sandy Koufax but please. He isn't the first lefty to get hammered in that park and will not be the last. He had an awful night in a big spot, doesn't mean he sucks.

That will never happen, they are too chicken s.... to trade prospects and will never pay for pitcher.

Oh I agree. Something is seriously wrong within this teams development system. You can't tell me they basically miss on almost every pitcher they draft. I thought Rick Peterson was going to fix this, but so far its still the same old s....

Pretty interesting how when a pitcher has one bad start, people come out of the woodwork to say he's never been good, even when all his numbers show otherwise.

And by "interesting," I mean "dumb."

It's always the same folks, and they ONLY come out when bad things are happening.

Oh I agree. Something is seriously wrong within this teams development system. You can't tell me they basically miss on almost every pitcher they draft. I thought Rick Peterson was going to fix this, but so far its still the same old s....

I mean he did seem to fix Tillman.

Archived