Logan Morrison (to Seattle?)

Scrat1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cishek probably isn't availabe but they do have Dunn and Ramos that could close. Valencia for Morrison would probably be a fair trade. Morrison has more upside and would play more regularly for us. Valencia is from Miami and they get a cheap 3B. He's never going to be more than just a RH DH for us.

Dunn's a fair reliever and wouldn't mind getting him. But if we are going to have a previous non-closer close for us, why not just develop O'Day for the role?

I really don't get the love for Morrison- he doesn't seem to do any one thing particularly well, and just seems to be very average all around. So-so power, so-so splits, doesn't hit for average, no speed, probably can't play the OF anymore. And he's been worth a whopping -0.1 WAR for his entire career.

Is it just because he's still young and cost-controlled?

I really don't get the love for Morrison- he doesn't seem to do any one thing particularly well, and just seems to be very average all around. So-so power, so-so splits, doesn't hit for average, no speed, probably can't play the OF anymore. And he's been worth a whopping -0.1 WAR for his entire career.

Is it just because he's still young and cost-controlled?

Yes. He had a .333 OBP that would have ranked only behind Davis last year on the O's. He would play twice as much as Valencia. We could platoon Morrison/Pearce at DH and Weeks/Riemold in LF. Pressley is fimiliar with him. He's 26 so he's about to enter his prime years. This might be a chance to sell high on Valencia because a team like MIA will value him as a 3B instead of a platoon DH. If no other major moves happen with the lineup I expect Brob back. The lineup would look like

Markakis RF L

Machado 3B R

Davis 1B L

Jones CF R

Wieters C S

Hardy SS R

Morrison DH L

Roberts 2B S

Weeks LF S

Yes. He had a .333 OBP that would have ranked only behind Davis last year on the O's. He would play twice as much as Valencia. We could platoon Morrison/Pearce at DH and Weeks/Riemold in LF. Pressley is fimiliar with him. He's 26 so he's about to enter his prime years. This might be a chance to sell high on Valencia because a team like MIA will value him as a 3B instead of a platoon DH. If no other major moves happen with the lineup I expect Brob back. The lineup would look like

Markakis RF L

Machado 3B R

Davis 1B L

Jones CF R

Wieters C S

Hardy SS R

Morrison DH L

Roberts 2B S

Weeks LF S

Yeah, I mean I saw that his OBP is decent but there were guys available that would've provided similar or better production from the left side that are better bets and that wouldn't have cost us prospects that we don't really have to spare. I don't think the Marlins are going to just give him away.

And if we go with Weeks in left, we're really in trouble.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles were among the teams to check in on Logan Morrison, source says.</p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="

">December 9, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles were among the teams to check in on Logan Morrison, source says.</p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="

I wonder what they would want for him?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23oriioles&src=hash">#oriioles</a>, active on all fronts, have interest in <a href="https://twitter.com/LoMoMarlins">@LoMoMarlins</a> too.</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

From MLB Trade Rumors:

Within that same piece, Rodriguez notes that the Marlins have told teams they're open to taking a right-handed or left-handed hitting third baseman in trades. Two names of interest are Miami alum Danny Valencia (currently with the Orioles) and Josh Harrison of the Pirates.

It doesn't say we are offering, only that they may have interest.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hottest teams on LoMo, per source: <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Brewers&src=hash">#Brewers</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Pirates&src=hash">#Pirates</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Mariners&src=hash">#Mariners</a>. Others also involved.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">December 10, 2013</a></blockquote>

Archived