Yankee Brian Roberts. (Update: Signs for $2M+)

Greg

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know for a fact he's wrong because?

We need to stop questioning the credibility of the Orioles' beat reporters.

I'm sorry, that's not how it works.

The NSA was accused of spying on American citizens. If @OfficialNSAtwitter posts "Sources close to us state that the NSA never spied on American citizens", would you believe it?

How can you take anything Roch says at face value? He's on MASN payroll which is owned by Peter Angelos. It's a direct conflict of interest for him to provide any information that could make the team look bad. Look at his history; he's never once done it.

And you know what? His tweet could be 100% the truth. But you'd be unwise to take everything he says without an asterisk.

How dare you sit here and tell everyone else to fall in line. Shame on you.

I sincerely believe that Brian wants a taste of postseason baseball before all is said and done.

He missed out on 2012 which must have been heartbreaking after all of those years of sucktitude. Then he and the O's come up a little short in 2013. Now, this off-season, the Yankees show interest and who's a better bet for the playoffs then the guys who can spend at will? This will probably be his last year playing if the Yanks make the playoffs.

I sincerely believe that Brian wants a taste of postseason baseball before all is said and done.

He missed out on 2012 which must have been heartbreaking after all of those years of sucktitude. Then he and the O's come up a little short in 2013. Now, this off-season, the Yankees show interest and who's a better bet for the playoffs then the guys who can spend at will? This will probably be his last year playing if the Yanks make the playoffs.

I really don't know how anyone can say the Yanks have a demonstrably greater chance to make the playoffs in 2014 than the Orioles. That lineup is going to look really rough.

I don't think Duquette really wanted Roberts back and I think Roberts knew it. Time for Flaherty to sink or swim. How much will Roberts play on the Yankees? Kelly Johnson is also there.

I know some of the Schoop lustre is not there, but Flaherty could just be a stopgap until Schoop is ready -- as in June.

Urrutia will be a regular by then too.

I'm sorry, that's not how it works.

The NSA was accused of spying on American citizens. If @OfficialNSAtwitter posts "Sources close to us state that the NSA never spied on American citizens", would you believe it?

How can you take anything Roch says at face value? He's on MASN payroll which is owned by Peter Angelos. It's a direct conflict of interest for him to provide any information that could make the team look bad. Look at his history; he's never once done it.

And you know what? His tweet could be 100% the truth. But you'd be unwise to take everything he says without an asterisk.

How dare you sit here and tell everyone else to fall in line. Shame on you.

I see you want to double down. One could argue that his eagerness to walk away from the team after 13 years doesn't reflect well on the team. Nah, that doesn't fit your conspiracy theory.

There's a big difference between a reporter and a talking head (Dempsey, Hunter) but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

I see you want to double down. One could argue that his eagerness to walk away from the team after 13 years doesn't reflect well on the team. Nah, that doesn't fit your conspiracy theory.

There's a big difference between a reporter and a talking head (Dempsey, Hunter) but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Questioning my intelligence. That's a real nice argument.

I sincerely believe that Brian wants a bit more money while playing baseball. Also the New York Yankees have a position that they will turn over to him, and he will not be the OLD GUY who can't field well on THAT team.

Leaving the door open for him and then waiting out his injury certainly hurt the roster contraction in 2013. Possibly hurting their chances of returning to the playoffs in 2013.

This will probably be his last year playing. He is incapable of sliding into a utility role because he can't play multiple positions. No Chance of hanging on as a "Dirt Dog" scrappy elder statesman. He needs to keep his head from harm.

I sincerely believe that Brian wants a bit more money while playing baseball. Also the New York Yankees have a position that they will turn over to him, and he will not be the OLD GUY who can't field well on THAT team.

Leaving the door open for him and then waiting out his injury certainly hurt the roster contraction in 2013. Possibly hurting their chances of returning to the playoffs in 2013.

This will probably be his last year playing. He is incapable of sliding into a utility role because he can't play multiple positions. No Chance of hanging on as a "Dirt Dog" scrappy elder statesman. He needs to keep his head from harm.

By walking away, he may have blown his shot at an MASN gig that would last a lot longer than his Yankee career will.

Archived