Per Rosenthal: Balfour (FINALLY) to Orioles...

xian4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We could trade Adam Jones for Walter Johnson's corpse tomorrow and there'd be people who would justify it, say the team is better off, and use the "BELIEVE" and "In DD We Trust" cliches.

Weird, I haven't seen anyone using those cliches lately at all. It seems the most cliched posters on the board these days are the ones always looking for something to complain about.

Is it just me or does it seem like it takes us forever to get things done' date=' compared to other teams? Or maybe we just have great "insiders" breaking things long before it happens?[/quote']

Perhaps, but we don't tend to chase the market which in general is a good thing.

You can discuss anything you want. But the posting of the million rumors that occurs serves no purpose. Do you know how few of the rumors actually turn out to have any merit? If you want to discuss which free agents you think the Orioles should sign I all for it. I am just tired of reading rumor after rumor about player that someone states the Orioles are in on only to hear from the Orioles brass that they have never made an offer to any of them. Just put all the rumors on a seperate forum or put them in one thread.

I don't really understand your complaint. It seems to me that it is much easier to read posts about what interests me and pass over those things that don't if they are in separate threads. Having it all in one thread would necessarily force you to look at all of the posts that you are complaining about in order to find the ones on the subject that interests you. Believe me, in checking some other team message boards, I have seen some that have all off-season discussions in the same 300-page thread. Impossible to find what you want. Who wants that?

Is it just me or does it seem like it takes us forever to get things done' date=' compared to other teams? Or maybe we just have great "insiders" breaking things long before it happens?[/quote']

we don't have insiders. There are a couple guys with some kind of minor connection that THINK they are bigger than they are that blast things on twitter that say this is a done deal, when it really isn't.

Plus, its a snow day in Baltimore - nothing much else to do.

If you think JJ was a great closer last year, I don't know what to say. He had been one of the the best in MLB prior to last year, but not effective last year. The losses and blown saves were awful. A better closer or less use by Buck and we make the playoffs last season.

And I agree with JJ was not a great closer last year. I really fell off the JJ wagon in AZ when he blew 3 saves. Sitting there in person among my friends who are dBacks fans made it all the worse.

I don't really understand your complaint. It seems to me that it is much easier to read posts about what interests me and pass over those things that don't if they are in separate threads. Having it all in one thread would necessarily force you to look at all of the posts that you are complaining about in order to find the ones on the subject that interests you. Believe me, in checking some other team message boards, I have seen some that have all off-season discussions in the same 300-page thread. Impossible to find what you want. Who wants that?

I wouldn't read any of the rumors. So if it is a 300 page thread I would be spared of reading all 300 pages of rumors. When something happens..like an actual signing I would see it easily as it would be a new thread.

Would rather Morrison than Murphy, but yes. Probably another bat in there, too.

Why isn't Kendry Morales a legit target? Is his price tag too big. I would like to add him for the DH and Murphey/Morrison for LF with Colon and Balfour in the rotation and pen.

That would give us:

RF Markakis, 3B Machado, CF Jones, 1B Davis, C Wieters, SS Hardy, DH Morales, LF Murphey, 2B Flaherty

Clevenger, Valencia, Weeks, Peguero

#1 Colon, #2 Tillman, #3 Chen, #4 MGonzalez, #5 Norris

Stinson, McFarland or Britton, Matusz, O'Day, Hunter, Webb, Balfour

That looks better than the current state to me.

I wouldn't read any of the rumors. So if it is a 300 page thread I would be spared of reading all 300 pages of rumors. When something happens..like an actual signing I would see it easily as it would be a new thread.

Once again, I am confused, since you have obviously opened this thread. The point is, you can open whatever thread you wish to, and leave any that don't interest you unopened. Much, much more organized and easier to find what you are looking for the way OH does it than what you are suggesting.

Archived