Per Rosenthal: Balfour (FINALLY) to Orioles...

xian4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No big deal on Kubel but has the free agent market set itself yet ?
We're waiting for it...as we do every year.

"Waiting for the market to set itself" was the catchphrase during the Beattie-Flanagan years. For MacPhail it was "percolating." Now it's "resource allocation" and "marbles."

We're waiting for it...as we do every year.

"Waiting for the market to set itself" was the catchphrase during the Beattie-Flanagan years. For MacPhail it was "percolating." Now it's "resource allocation" and "marbles."

Is anyone else troubled by the fact that we've gone from pseudo-business terminology, to coffee preparation, to addition/subtraction illustrated with marbles?

It's like the O's flunked out of highschool, got fired from Starbucks, and now find themselves trying to obtain a G.E.D. using crayons and magic markers.

Your right I didn't want Kubel

Choo and Garza or blow it up (trade Wieters and Hardy, extend or trade Davis) and go young and very cheap... lose 105 games in 2014... get #1 pick... start to actually build something for 2016

Sounds like a better plan for the Phillies.

Your right I didn't want Kubel

Choo and Garza or blow it up (trade Wieters and Hardy, extend or trade Davis) and go young and very cheap... lose 105 games in 2014... get #1 pick... start to actually build something for 2016

Can't trade those guys, you have panned every DD trade thus far. Clearly he is incompetent. Wouldn't your first move be to fire DD? These questions are rhetorical. I already know your answers.

I was watching MLB network last night. What infuriates me about the Orioles is they are the only team where MLB network reports, "they are interested in player x". "the sides are talking". "Baltimore thinks they can get something done", "nothing is close but talks aren't dead yet", "it could be announced in the coming days". I mean do you ever hear on ESPN or MLB network, "St. Louis thinks they can get something done with player x but they are waiting." No, of course not.

I was watching MLB network last night. What infuriates me about the Orioles is they are the only team where MLB network reports, "they are interested in player x". "the sides are talking". "Baltimore thinks they can get something done", "nothing is close but talks aren't dead yet", "it could be announced in the coming days". I mean do you ever hear on ESPN or MLB network, "St. Louis thinks they can get something done with player x but they are waiting." No, of course not.

Unless they are trying to trade a player named in the Mitchell report the O's under PA have always moved at a glacial pace.

I forgot the snark emoticon.

I just don't want it to become what it was for many years. You could not give away a season ticket because no one wanted to go to the game. Two years ago,no one went to the games at first. Also would be nice if the Orioles had the thirteen game plans listed somewhere or at least send me what games are in each plan. Sent me a nice colored coated sheet but I am colorblind. They used to have them broken down with the season packet. Why no holiday four pack or some type of pack? Are we also waiting for the market to set itself on tickets? Only four teams don't have season ticketing pricing online besides the Orioles. Three have a holiday or some type of ticket package. The Tigers don't but at least they have the plans listed online.

Archived