Per Rosenthal: Balfour (FINALLY) to Orioles...

xian4

Check please.

I really have no idea what we're doing at this point. None. We passed on Garrett Jones, Morneau, Morrison and now Kubel. Maybe DD has developed the neurological issue the guy has in Memento and he's simply forgotten that we need a LH DH...?

Left on the market: Ibanez, Morales.... and then you drop off a cliff to Carlos Pena or Luke Scott :gulp:

I hope DD knows what he's doing.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Check please.

I really have no idea what we're doing at this point. None. We passed on Garrett Jones, Morneau, Morrison and now Kubel. Maybe DD has developed the neurological issue the guy has in Memento and he's simply forgotten that we need a LH DH...?

Not a single one of those guys brings much of anything to the table are certainly nothing to write home about. Nate mcclouth would have been a better sign than anyone of those

Left on the market: Ibanez, Morales.... and then you drop off a cliff to Carlos Pena or Luke Scott :gulp:

I hope DD knows what he's doing.

Between Luke Scott, Nolan Reimold and Steve Pearce, we might actually get a full season at DH. Maybe...

Not a single one of those guys brings much of anything to the table are certainly nothing to write home about. Nate mcclouth would have been a better sign than anyone of those

Absolutely. It's looking more and more like DD screwed the pooch by not getting his 2-3 WAR with Nate each of the next two years.

Absolutely. It's looking more and more like DD screwed the pooch by not getting his 2-3 WAR with Nate each of the next two years.

Nate won't give you that much WAR per year. He hasn't had 2 WAR in a season since 2008. You will be lucky to get 1 WAR out of Nate next year. He was fading fast last season.

Nate won't give you that much WAR per year. He hasn't had 2 WAR in a season since 2008. You will be lucky to get 1 WAR out of Nate next year. He was fading fast last season.

Fangraphs has him at 2.5 WAR in 2013, despite "fading fast."

If he were in a pure platoon, he would have more rest and wouldn't fade as badly in 2014 and 2015. The problem last year was Reimold and Pearce getting hurt (and generally not being very good).

Archived