Balfour speaks...

MemorialStadKid

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not couldn't - didn't want to.

What changed his mind in 4 days? He was ok with spending it then. My boy Occam tells me it was probably the physical. Hate the man or not, it doesn't make sense that he'd suddenly just say screw it and sabotage the deal.

DD never said that. He said they did not like things in the physical or something like that. He said physicals vary from team to team. Never said he failed the physical.

Obviously, he failed the Orioles physical. He might pass someone else's, but he failed the Orioles'. These things can be somewhat subjective.

What changed his mind in 4 days? He was ok with spending it then. My boy Occam tells me it was probably the physical. Hate the man or not, it doesn't make sense that he'd suddenly just say screw it and sabotage the deal.

I think his mri wasn't as clean as PA wanted. He was fine with the deal if he could get a guarantee that Balfour was in super shape. When someone noted there was a little scar tissue (or whatever) that was just too much risk to bare. I'd suggest it's a small risk, which many players carry, that most/all other teams would take.

No. I'm sure he's very respected. At the same time, I've heard of players seeking out Andrews, Jobe, Kremcheck, Altchick (NY), the guy in California who Hobgood went too, etc. etc. I've never heard of a pitcher or player from another team seeking out John Wilckens.

And John Wilckens consults with Andrews all the time. Did so with Bundy and Manny. There is definitely something more then just a "shoulder" issue.

And John Wilckens consults with Andrews all the time. Did so with Bundy and Manny. There is definitely something more then just a "shoulder" issue.

For all we know, they may have found health issues totally unrelated to his arm. Maybe his arm is fine, but his heartbeat is irregular, or one of a zillion other things.

Is there a universe in which my (painfully obvious, non-serious) joke could be viewed as an insult directed towards Dr. John Wilckens?

Unless Dr. Wilckens made repeated appearances on the Simpsons. Or unless he's also an idiot. If that's the case, please interpret my OP as you see fit.

Wilckens is the one who delayed Bundy's TJ surgery. Also, all the O's players are super quick to get a 2nd opinion when he gives a diagnosis.

This is super easy guys. Angelo's was being hands off till it came time to sign the contract. When it made it to his desk and he found out about the arm injuries he called it off. What's funny is I am 100% certain the Oriole's legal and in terms of a grievance have their butts covered, so PA has no issue doing it. However in terms of PR, and ability to sign players, this circus will hurt them long term. It is the lawyer thinking in PA that allows things like to happen.

I'm sure he consults with Andrews. Andrews is the expert when it comes to baseball and pitchers. I bet he didn't consult with him on this one. If he did, and Andrews concurred, you'd bet it would have been mentioned.

Nobody is gonna consult an outside doctor in physicals. Outside doctors aren't liable for being wrong, basically they can't be fired by the team. Wilcken's could be fired if we signed Balfour and 3 pitches in to his first appearance his shoulder fell off.

Wilckens is the one who delayed Bundy's TJ surgery. Also, all the O's players are super quick to get a 2nd opinion when he gives a diagnosis.

Bundy's TJ surgery wasn't delayed by Wilckens. It started as a flex strain and was being treated by Andrews so it was Andrews who delayed it. Bundy then injured the same elbow again in Long Toss and Wilckens sent him to Andrews for a TJ surgery.

Wilckens sends all O's with joint injuries to Andrews. So let's get the facts straight before you start looking like a bigger fool.

What, you're going to trust Balfour, Balfour's doctors, and Balfour's agents? I have it on good authority that the O's doctors discovered a serious medical issue that totally warrants backing out of the deal; specifically, they found that Grant Balfour is actually a Tyrannosaur.

I also have it on good authority that the Orioles' lead physician is this guy:

Dr._Riviera.png

Hi everybody.

Hi Dr NICK!

The kneebone's connected to the... something. The something's connected to the... red thing. The red thing's connected to my wrist watch... Uh oh.

This is incredible.

This makes me something something... (go crazy) ~Homer

Archived