Balfour speaks...

MemorialStadKid

What, you're going to trust Balfour, Balfour's doctors, and Balfour's agents? I have it on good authority that the O's doctors discovered a serious medical issue that totally warrants backing out of the deal; specifically, they found that Grant Balfour is actually a Tyrannosaur.

I also have it on good authority that the Orioles' lead physician is this guy:

Dr._Riviera.png

Hi everybody.

John Wilckens is the team orthopedist and works out of Johns Hopkins. I don't think he's exactly a schmuck.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What, you're going to trust Balfour, Balfour's doctors, and Balfour's agents? I have it on good authority that the O's doctors discovered a serious medical issue that totally warrants backing out of the deal; specifically, they found that Grant Balfour is actually a Tyrannosaur.

I also have it on good authority that the Orioles' lead physician is this guy:

Dr._Riviera.png

Hi everybody.

FYI- Cherry Coke goes great with nearly everything.

But not human sinuses. :(

Do you think they signed him without PA knowing about it or while he was drunk? Suddenly Pete comes to last night and nixes the deal? How does that make any sense and why would he do it?

What happened was Balfour failed the physical and Rosenthal spouts that it's Angelos. Since Rosenthal is "respected", his age old Vendetta against Angelos spreads like wildfire and every one with a twitter account or message board handle begins to spew nonsensical crap with GIFs and Youtube clips that perfectly sum up the situation as if they know both sides of the story.

Do you think they signed him without PA knowing about it or while he was drunk? Suddenly Pete comes to last night and nixes the deal? How does that make any sense and why would he do it?

I think a 36 yo pitcher, who's had arm surgery, doesn't have a perfect looking mri and PA used it to save some marbles.

John Wilckens is the team orthopedist and works out of Johns Hopkins. I don't think he's exactly a schmuck.

Is there a universe in which my (painfully obvious, non-serious) joke could be viewed as an insult directed towards Dr. John Wilckens?

Unless Dr. Wilckens made repeated appearances on the Simpsons. Or unless he's also an idiot. If that's the case, please interpret my OP as you see fit.

I think a 36 yo pitcher, who's had arm surgery, doesn't have a perfect looking mri and PA used it to save some marbles.

To what end? How much more did the O's make in 2012 and 2013 vs prior years? Balfour wasn't expensive anyway...you think he just suddenly couldn't part with the money and said no for the hell of it? It just doesn't make any sense.

This was cute the first 1000x it was used... it's waring thin now.

Awww. Doesn't change the point. DD spent a lot of time working on this deal and now it's gone in the final hour. Believe what you want but it's not the first time something like this happened. Players have to be concerned about coming here. Unless this guy is really injured, and it sure doesn't sound like he is, this will hurt the Orioles.

Archived