Balfour speaks...

MemorialStadKid

I don't remember it that way but you could be right.

O's sent him to Andrews, Andrews examined him and said it was a flexor problem. Did an injection of platelet-rich plasma and 6 weeks of "rest". Had a flow up exam (with another MRI) by Andrews and was "cleared". Bundy started throwing regularly on June 10th/11th and by June 24th on 120ft Long Toss his was experiencing pain again. The tear was always there. Andrews missed it.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bundy blew out his arm. Hobgood blew out his arm. Wada blew out his arm. All those guys passed.their physicals got millions.

Bundy blew out his arm 2 years into a 5 year contract worth $6.23m with another 4 years after that until FA. Not a lot of risk to the O's.

Wada is probably one of the reasons why the O's aren't jumping to sign Balfour (despite the failed physical). O's dumped $8m on Wada and never pitched for the O's.

Matt Hobgood more then likely injured himself because he didn't really train after signing his deal until being sent to Rookie ball and pushed shoulder to the limit trying to "earn" his pay. It happens but has LITTLE risk to the O's. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not up from Double AA or Triple AAA next year.

Mitch Williams just laid into the O's, saying they changed their mind and used the physical as an excuse.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Everyone can see this.

Mitch Williams just laid into the O's, saying they changed their mind and used the physical as an excuse.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Mitch doesn't come off as the brightest person in the world. Or for that matter, the brightest man in whatever room he happens to be in at the time.

I would be shocked to find out he knows as much as your or I about the situation.

Everyone can see this.

Odd the stuff you miss on Twitter when the stuff you agree with gets posted in under a minute...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Eaton wanted to be clear thats not an indictment of <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> & team doctors. "I understand their concerns completely."</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">December 21, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mitch doesn't come off as the brightest person in the world. Or for that matter, the brightest man in whatever room he happens to be in at the time.

I would be shocked to find out he knows as much as your or I about the situation.

He's paid to have an opinion, even if it's an uninformed, totally speculative one.

Archived