Balfour speaks...

MemorialStadKid

For all we know, they may have found health issues totally unrelated to his arm. Maybe his arm is fine, but his heartbeat is irregular, or one of a zillion other things.

Apparently you haven't been following closely.

It has been stated by multiple reporters this is due to concerns with his surgically repaired arm. The surgery that happened in 2006.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My point is that Andrews is the expert and Wilckens isn't, when it comes to athletes.

This is the wrong opinion. Wilckens is working for the Orioles, Mids (Navy), and at John Hopkins. Wilckens doesn't do a ton of Tommy Johns but diagnoses them just as well as Andrews does. Wilcken prefers to send players to Andrews or Jobe because Andrews and Jobe do a hundred or more a year. But remember for every "success" story done by Andrews, Andrews had major screw ups. RG III comes to mind.

Apparently you haven't been following closely.

It has been stated by multiple reporters this is due to concerns with his surgically repaired arm. The surgery that happened in 2006.

That's the assumption. A team will never discuss why a player failed a physical due to doctor/patient privilege. The player and the press can speculate all they want and claim what they want because there is nobody rebutting it.

How would you know if he does or doesn't? I'm speculating for sure but you would have no way of knowing. It's obviously your opinion based on what?

He was the one that spotted Bundy's injury AFTER Bundy visited Andrews. Andrews did a half-assed treatment of Bundy assuming it was a strained flexor.

True and then there are some who will never reach the conclusion that Peter Angelos is a cheap' date=' meddling, good for nothing owner. Ever.[/quote']

So if Balfour signs for another team and he blows out his arm again.. will you apologize and say PA was right? I doubt it.

When it gets to a certain point in the negotiations that there is an agreement and following the physical it's shown that there is a little more risk involved than originally anticipated, albeit a small risk, its now a decision between going through with a publicly made agreement with the small additional risk or a national PR nightmare that may prevent free agents from coming here, your own players from resigning, the possibility of a grievance, disgruntled fans and front office workers (you know DD has got to be livid)....you just accept the risk and keep moving forward, not backward.

There's my run on sentence for the day.

So if Balfour signs for another team and he blows out his arm again.. will you apologize and say PA was right? I doubt it.

Bundy blew out his arm. Hobgood blew out his arm. Wada blew out his arm. All those guys passed.their physicals got millions.

Archived