Brewers get Garza for 4 years 52m (4 for 50 Official)

Greg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drew Olson ‏@DrewOlsonMKE 4m

Headed to #BrewersOnDeck today. If they don?t announce Garza deal, I?ll assume snag was elbow/incentives/insurance until I hear otherwise.

WOW. What a huge embarrassment for the Brewers! Clearly a classless organization and I bet after this NO AGENT WILL EVER WANT TO TALK TO THE BREWERS AGAIN!!

;)

WOW. What a huge embarrassment for the Brewers! Clearly a classless organization and I bet after this NO AGENT WILL EVER WANT TO TALK TO THE BREWERS AGAIN!!

;)

Plus they signed that steroid freak to a horrible contract. They pay attention to none of the details.

Matt Garza - S - Brewers

Brewers signed RHP Matt Garza to a four-year, $52 million contract.

There was an unspecified hiccup that delayed the official announcement of the deal a few days, but it's obviously been ironed out. Garza, 30, posted a 3.82 ERA and 136/42 K/BB ratio over 155 1/3 innings last season between the Cubs and Rangers. As long as he can remain healthy, he's a nice addition to what now looks like a pretty good Brewers rotation.

‏@AdamMcCalvy

#Brewers owner Mark Attanasio announces club is in agreement with Matt Garza. Four-year deal needs final approval from MLB, MLBPA.

The language must be outside the normal structure in the CBA. must be bonus/health related.

• 3 months later...

MATTHEW SCOTT GARZA O (vs. DIAMONDBACKS, 5/05)

IP:. 6

H:o 8 (1 Double, 7 Singles)

R:O 3

BB: 2 *

SO: 5

Pitches: 98 (66 Strikes, 32 Balls)

2014 ERA: 4.93

* Garza also had 1 hit batsman.

Archived