Brewers get Garza for 4 years 52m (4 for 50 Official)

Greg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WTF!!! That is all it took and we weren't in on this????????????

My goodness....we are just friggin awful.

I made my mind up, I am skipping OD this year and going to the Nats OD, easier for me anyways. At least the Nats make their team better.

Man, I wanted Garza bad. Disgusting...

Then have fun. How some fans can turn on the O's simply because some FA's

are not signed. The way they perceive the offseason. Because of a bad owner.

Sorry but you are not being a true fan of the O's if you can turn on them because

of the things I listed. But you go on and be a wishy washy fan.

I thought he would get at least 4/$60, so I'm surprised that a bottom feeder was able to sign him for only 4/$52. A contending team like the O's might have signed him for even less.

I understand that there are durability concerns with Garza, but when he's been healthy he's been a very effective pitcher in difficult environments. All pitchers are risky, and pitchers of Garza's caliber usually cost more in terms of dollars and years. Unless you have an amazing developmental pipeline like Tampa, you can't have enough front line pitching to contend for a championship unless you are willing to take some risks on free agent starters. All things considered, this is a risk I would have taken.

Without knowing his exact medical situation, I tend to agree. Garza easily could outperform this deal IMO.

Then have fun. How some fans can turn on the O's simply because some FA's

are not signed. The way they perceive the offseason. Because of a bad owner.

Sorry but you are not being a true fan of the O's if you can turn on them because

of the things I listed. But you go on and be a wishy washy fan.

Dude really? Name a free agent sought after by any other team since that we signed Tejada. Now name one that was actually in demand that the Orioles signed? Albert Belle, Palmeiro round 1, or BJ Surhoff, Alomar.... Name one ...you can't!

The Defenders here absolutely disgust me...are you sippin the Koolaid or just in complete denial?

We have a bottom two or three owner in all of professional sports. He pockets Billions, Lies about it, lied about the RSN and how it would make the Orioles a player for top free agents with the Yanks/Soxs, took a bribe from MLB that allowed the Nationals in our back yard despite rules that would've prevented it from happening, hires Yes Men GM/Managers that will sell his crap and Lies, has them tell you the Orioles will be players when the payroll increases. Despite an extra 25 million in tv money (basically free revenue) and attendance increases the payroll has actually gone down for this season!

Need I go on? Get real dude!!!

I've been a fan for 35 plus years .... I love the Orange and Black....I don't like how they are ran and their owner is pathetic human being that cares nothing for this team or it's fans.

More .....

The owner told Flanagan that Tejada shouldn't complain about anything because he's making $12 million dollars because he was told he would be built around.

Clearly a sign of a clueless owner as Tejada wasn't even close to a top paid player when he signed that deal.

Can we read into anything about his last two teams, didn't like his stuff enough to keep him?

Cubs are clearly rebuilding as there was also rumors of them willing to trade Samardzija. He was 6-1 with a 3.17 when he was dealt.

The Rangers were disappointed with what they got from him

In fact, the only mention of Garza came from Daniels himself, who coupled the acquisition of the pitcher in July for four players with the free-agent signing bust that was designated hitter Lance Berkman, who gave the Rangers one good month. That's about all Garza, who was 4-5 with a 4.38 ERA for 13 starts, gave the Rangers, too

Clearly they thought they could spend their money better elsewhere.

That's said ...Where would 24 starts at a 3.82 place Garza among our rotation. Second to Tillman. Plus Garza started the year on the DL and looks like he made all of his scheduled starts for the Rangers. No reason he couldn't be expected to start 30 this season.

Cubs are clearly rebuilding as there was also rumors of them willing to trade Samardzija. He was 6-1 with a 3.17 when he was dealt.

Clearly they thought they could spend their money better elsewhere.

That's said ...Where would 24 starts at a 3.82 place Garza among our rotation. Second to Tillman. Plus Garza started the year on the DL and looks like he made all of his scheduled starts for the Rangers. No reason he couldn't be expected to start 30 this season.

I think the only fair way to judge is by what he did with the Rangers though. K Rod and Norris had significantly better NL numbers too but what they did with the O's is what matters.

Arroyo, Burnett, Rodney. Be done with it.

Man... the Orioles ain't real. They ain't about that winning life. Just wanna get by while picking up jokes off the street. I'm about to wash my hands. Then people are around here apologizing for them. Madness.

Again, who is "apologizing for them?" The doom and gloomers are really imagining that they're fighting the good fights against hordes of koolaid drinkers apparently, but just look at the post volume in these threads. They're at least 5-1 in favor of anti-FO sentiment.

Garza deal falling through?

http://mlb.mlblogs.com/

Transcipt of Potter on cell phone to Mark Attanasio (Brewers Owner)..."Yeah, Mark, here is the way our MRIs work. I know, I know...you have to keep those GM whippersnappers in line. Yes, we had that guy, Melvin. He just sometimes THINKS he has a deal, but you and I know who the real boss is, right?...heh, heh, heh."

Archived