Source: O's working on Fernando Rodney...

Bazooka Jones

Fernando Rodney - R - Rays

Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com reports that Mets general manager Sandy Alderson "has been in dialogue" with Fernando Rodney's representatives.

Rubin says the talks "are believed to be about the closer's role." Bobby Parnell's recovery from surgery to repair a herniated disk in his neck is going well, but the Mets pursued Grant Balfour and are now looking at Rodney, so clearly they're still uneasy about their ninth inning situation. Rodney held a 3.38 ERA and a career-high 28 percent strikeout rate in 2013.

Related: Mets, Bobby Parnell

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mets, Orioles, two others in on Rodney.</p>— Tim Brown (@TBrownYahoo) <a href="

">January 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fernando Rodney - R - Rays

Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com reports that Mets general manager Sandy Alderson "has been in dialogue" with Fernando Rodney's representatives.

Rubin says the talks "are believed to be about the closer's role." Bobby Parnell's recovery from surgery to repair a herniated disk in his neck is going well, but the Mets pursued Grant Balfour and are now looking at Rodney, so clearly they're still uneasy about their ninth inning situation. Rodney held a 3.38 ERA and a career-high 28 percent strikeout rate in 2013.

Related: Mets, Bobby Parnell

They supposedly offered Balfour more money than Tampa did, so it makes sense they would be in on Rodney. If that is the case there is little chance we will sign him.

Four teams including the Os are kicking the tires on the Rodney signing.

Tim Brown@TBrownYahoo<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">9m</small>

Mets, Orioles, two others in on Rodney.

Retweeted by Roch Kubatko

Why would Rodney choose to come to the AL East where he was not great last year? He could be dominant again in the NL. Most people on here don't even want Rodney. I really don't care at this point. Go into the season with what we have.

Four teams including the Os are kicking the tires on the Rodney signing.

Tim Brown@TBrownYahoo<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">9m</small>

Mets, Orioles, two others in on Rodney.

Retweeted by Roch Kubatko

What does a retired wide receiver know about baseball? ;)

I agree.

What will be funny is ALL the people in this thread who bashed the Orioles for wanting to sign Rodney will suddenly bash the Orioles for NOT signing Rodney.

Flip-floppers! :)

Why would Rodney choose to come to the AL East where he was not great last year? He could be dominant again in the NL. Most people on here don't even want Rodney. I really don't care at this point. Go into the season with what we have.

I think at this point, he is just trying to get the best deal he can get, money wise.

What does a retired wide receiver know about baseball? ;)

Doesn't need to know, just good inside sources, just ask Mikey. :)

Flip-floppers! :)

I think at this point, he is just trying to get the best deal he can get, money wise.

Doesn't need to know, just good inside sources, just ask Mikey. :)

They will go into the season with what they have. Maybe the O's need a reality check. Another losing season should get them to finally spend.

I agree.

What will be funny is ALL the people in this thread who bashed the Orioles for wanting to sign Rodney will suddenly bash the Orioles for NOT signing Rodney.

Why would I bash the Orioles for not signing Rodney. That doesn't make sense. Do you think we are all complete idiots?

Archived