Schoop a big, strong man

Slade-OH

Jonathan Schoop and his mispelled and/or mispronounced last name is reportedly clocking in at 230 pounds this Spring and none of that is baby fat according to Buck.

He hit a bomb in the intrasquad game today and I'm pretty giddy to see how he looks and peforms this Spring. Hopefully, he's ready to take the second base job from Flaherty/Weeks by midseason if not sooner.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jonathan Schoop and his mispelled and/or mispronounced last name is reportedly clocking in at 230 pounds this Spring and none of that is baby fat according to Buck.

He hit a bomb in the intrasquad game today and I'm pretty giddy to see how he looks and peforms this Spring. Hopefully, he's ready to take the second base job from Flaherty/Weeks by midseason if not sooner.

Hopefully, he's ready to take the third base job next season when Hardy leaves and Machado moves to SS.

Wow. 230 seems pretty heavy for a second baseman doesn't it?

That is part of the reason he isn't a second baseman. As some of us have been saying for years.

Yes but are third baseman that heavy? I am not trying to be an ass. I just didnt

think an infielder could be that heavy. Too me that seems more football size than

a baseball player.

Archived