Schmuck: The Orioles need to be bold and turn 2B job over to Schoop

Roll Tide

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question.

If it is so imperative to get the seventh year of team control then why didn't the O's send Flaherty down at some point last season?

He certainly gave them reason enough.

Because Flaherty isn't a highly regarded prospect like Schoop is.

Don't know the answer to that. I have a feeling you would argue either that it's not important to get the 7th year or that Flaherty isn't highly regarded enough to worry about. Why did the Rays not call up the minor league player of the year in 2012 until a few months into the 2014 season? No one cares about getting the extra year until the extra year is here. If Schoop is a FA in 6 years, everyone will say how we should have delayed his debut for 2 months.

I was just using Flaherty to show that maybe the seventh year of team control is not an overriding concern for DD.

I have a question.

If it is so imperative to get the seventh year of team control then why didn't the O's send Flaherty down at some point last season?

He certainly gave them reason enough.

LMAO:rofl:

In 7 years, Flaherty will be Brady's assistant.

Big 'twan love-her, six-two, wanna hit you

So what you wanna do?

What you wanna do?

Mmm, I wanna schoop

Schoop schoop ba-doop

Schoop ba-doop

Because Flaherty isn't a highly regarded prospect like Schoop is.

Because Schoop is five years younger. Because Flash having an option is more valuable than an extra year. Because an extra year would cost you a million and a half to buy right now.

The O's DID send Flaherty to the minors last season. Not sure how long for, though.

[TABLE=class: sortable stats_table]

<tbody>[TR=class: partial_table]

[TD]2013[/TD]

[TD=align: right]26[/TD]

[TD]Delmarva[/TD]

[TD]SALL[/TD]

[TD]A[/TD]

[TD]BAL[/TD]

[TD=align: right]2[/TD]

[TD=align: right]8[/TD]

[TD=align: right]1[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3[/TD]

[TD=align: right].250[/TD]

[TD=align: right].250[/TD]

[TD=align: right].375[/TD]

[TD=align: right].625[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: partial_table hl, bgcolor: #FFFFAA !important]

[TD]2013[/TD]

[TD]Frederick[/TD]

[TD]CARL[/TD]

[TD]A+[/TD]

[TD]BAL[/TD]

[TD=align: right]7[/TD]

[TD=align: right]7[/TD]

[TD=align: right].286[/TD]

[TD=align: right].714[/TD]

[TD=align: right]1.000[/TD]

[TD=align: right]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: partial_table]

[TD]2013[/TD]

[TD]Norfolk[/TD]

[TD]IL[/TD]

[TD]AAA[/TD]

[TD]BAL[/TD]

[TD=align: right]35[/TD]

[TD=align: right]34[/TD]

[TD=align: right]4[/TD]

[TD=align: right]9[/TD]

[TD=align: right]5[/TD]

[TD=align: right].265[/TD]

[TD=align: right].471[/TD]

[TD=align: right].756[/TD]

[TD=align: right]16[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

LIKE I said before, Jonathan is NO 5-tool, can't miss prospect! He doesn't DESERVE the chance that Manny or Nick got. Put up or shut up. Actions speak louder than words.

Who are five tool prospects that the Orioles have had? I don't see Manny stealing 30 bases a year.

Adam Jones. Before that Jeffrey Hammonds and Alex Ochoa? Maybe Luis Matos? Felix Pie but probably not by the time the Orioles had him.

Pie had five tools, he just could never figure out how to get all five onto the field at the same time. Except once.

Man, I can never get these to embed.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v6100403

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=6100403&topic_id=6479266&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Pie had five tools, he just could never figure out how to get all five onto the field at the same time. Except once.<iframe src="http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=6100403&topic_id=6479266&width=400&height=224&property=mlb" frameborder="0" height="224" width="400">Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Man, I can never get these to embed.

Was that the cycle game?

Fun times on the hangout that night.

Someone got a vacation...

Archived