Schmuck: The Orioles need to be bold and turn 2B job over to Schoop

Roll Tide

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So they pick him up off waivers, so they can waive him? If they liked him wouldn't somebody else? Doesn't make much sense to me.

The Orioles would keep him on their 40 man roster possibly. The Indians chose not to. Are you still confused?

You are reading too much into today's lineup. Read these leave. Weeks - .125 avg., Schoop 394 avg.
ST numbers=meaningless. The logic is in favor of his been sent to Norfolk. How many times has he started at 2B recently. He's not starting today. The service time issues are more than enough reason. Plus we have Weeks, Casilla, Adams and Gonzalez. Picking up Adams is another tea leaf.

I don't think they are waiving him. He has an option to the minor leagues.
This was the question:"if he has an option why would they need to waive him?" This was your reply:"To get him off their 40 man roster?" Now you are saying this:"I don't think they are waiving him. He has an option to the minor leagues." Make up your mind.

This was the question:"if he has an option why would they need to waive him?" This was your reply:"To get him off their 40 man roster?" Now you are saying this:"I don't think they are waiving him. He has an option to the minor leagues." Make up your mind.

My mind is made up. I was referring to Cleveland waiving him. Not the Orioles.

The Cleveland Indians wanted to clear a 40-man roster spot, so they waived Adams even though he had an option and could be sent to the minors. The Orioles were willing to use a 40-man spot, so they picked him up, but they want him in the minors so the Orioles will use his option.

ST numbers=meaningless. The logic is in favor of his been sent to Norfolk. How many times has he started at 2B recently. He's not starting today. The service time issues are more than enough reason. Plus we have Weeks, Casilla, Adams and Gonzalez. Picking up Adams is another tea leaf.

I think this is correct. It sounds like you have it nailed.

I should have explained my whole thoughts about the Cleveland waiver. And for that I am sorry. Other than the incorrect report of David not on a major league contract my thoughts have been consistent. If not the way I posted about them.

My mind is made up. I was referring to Cleveland waiving him. Not the Orioles.
Your mind may be made up, but it's not so easy for others to read it. You might try to express yourself more clearly. Fewer vague and ambiguous references would help a lot.

The Cleveland Indians wanted to clear a 40-man roster spot, so they waived Adams even though he had an option and could be sent to the minors. The Orioles were willing to use a 40-man spot, so they picked him up, but they want him in the minors so the Orioles will use his option.

Thank you for stating this correctly.

Thank you for stating this correctly.
"... but it's unclear whether he will report to the Ed Smith Stadium complex or be optioned and head to Twin Lakes Park.

"We'll take care of that later today," Duquette said." http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_...-signings.html According to you he has been assigned to Twin lakes. According to Roch he isn't here yet and the decision is yet to be made. Maybe DD didn't get your memo?

ST is quite meaningful when a player can't hit it like Weeks. If he is not hitting AAAA pitching how is he going to hit major league pitching?

Archived