Davis likely to DL tomorrow

McLovin

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sign Morales... Davis coyle very easily reaggravate it later in the season as well (fingers crossed he doesn't). I think we could use another hitter too, even with Davis. He's a very good hitter and would add a lot to the lineup.

Agree but many posters are going to freak out on you for suggesting:) it's all about the min contract he will accept year-wise. If I were him, I would sign a 1-year at this point but hey...I am not Morales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better safe than sorry. Luckily he hasn't been that hot anyway.

Yep. It's not like this is last April when he was virtually the whole offense. I'd rather have Manny back than Davis at the moment. We will miss his presence in the lineup for sure, but are good enough to survive without him. I wonder how much we will miss his defense with a replacement at 1st though.

Agree but many posters are going to freak out on you for suggesting:) it's all about the min contract he will accept year-wise. If I were him, I would sign a 1-year at this point but hey...I am not Morales.

The point is not the years, altho we don't need him for the 3 or 4 years he will demand... He's not signing before the draft. June 5th or so I think. Helps us zero now and just muddles things come June. It is NOT happening.

Wasn't Chen out last year for 2 months or so with a strained oblique? I realize that pitching with an oblique injury is probably different than trying to hit and field, but iirc last year it was said that oblique injuries are notorious for slow healing. Or am I misremembering?

The point is not the years, altho we don't need him for the 3 or 4 years he will demand... He's not signing before the draft. June 5th or so I think. Helps us zero now and just muddles things come June. It is NOT happening.

Unless it's for a year I don't want him.

Wasn't Chen out last year for 2 months or so with a strained oblique? I realize that pitching with an oblique injury is probably different than trying to hit and field' date=' but iirc last year it was said that oblique injuries are notorious for slow healing. Or am I misremembering?[/quote']

Not misremembering. But it does sound like Chris' injury is much milder than Chen's last year. Hope so anyways...

And he WON'T sign with us for one year. Not going to reestablish his value for one year in the AL East.

Is why all these people screaming for Morales is a joke!

So what will you pledge to do if we DO sign Morales? Put your pride were your fingers are:) you are so certain...and that's fine...but let's hear it:)

Better safe than sorry. Luckily he hasn't been that hot anyway.

Being forced to take a step back (and not swing from the heels) might actually be good for him in the long run. I'd obviously rather see him in the lineup, but his swing/miss stats on fastballs this year have been disturbing. Last year he seemed very free and easy at the plate. This year...not so much.

Archived