Cruz- would you try and extend him?

terps19

Dude is having a 2013 chris davis type season. Hes going to command way too much in FA. Besides, I have a feeling he would drop off sig ificantly once he had a decent long term deal to sit on.
Wish CD was having a 2013 Cruz season.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny, considering over half the OH was against his signing, when his name first came up in rumors.

Rick I was one of them but golly he sure is doing good for the O's. I think I would

try to extend him but I sure don't know how much it would be. I believe he is an

important member of the team. Hope DD and his agent can come to an

agreement when the time comes. IMO

Great. Thank you, sir. I think I'd go that route (even if it ends up at 15) rather than offer a multi-year deal. If he turns down the QO, hopefully he does it knowing someone will give him a better deal that he would sign before next June. Otherwise, I'd think he'd accept the QO. The chances seem good the O's get something either way.

Not taking the offer this year cost him 6.3 million dollars.

I'd trade him at the deadline for a legit prospect or two.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You would not get much for a couple month rental with no pick attachment. I usually agree with you. I totally disagree this time.

I love the camaraderie that seems to have been built fairly quickly with the rest of the team...especially with Schoop and Machado.

I'd love to see a 3 year extension and solidify that DH position for the next few years.

A 3-year extension would definitely make the loss of that 2nd round pick insubstantial.

The other strategy won't be popular here right now but here goes -- IF the Orioles are floundering come the trade deadline, Cruz will be the hottest ticket on the team. The Orioles could net themselves something worthwhile despite Nelson being a part-year rental. Something more than what a single 2nd round pick could have gotten them.

A 3-year extension would definitely make the loss of that 2nd round pick insubstantial.

The other strategy won't be popular here right now but here goes -- IF the Orioles are floundering come the trade deadline, Cruz will be the hottest ticket on the team. The Orioles could net themselves something worthwhile despite Nelson being a part-year rental.

What do you think that you could get for him?

What do you think that you could get for him?

Idunno; I'm not that good at projecting the market. I would ask for two proven prospects. That he is a one year contract player is precisely what would make him attractive to other teams -- then THEY could put the qualifying offer on him.

Idunno; I'm not that good at projecting the market. I would ask for two proven prospects.

I would be surprised if that was offered. The days of getting much on a rental seem to be over since the compensation rule changed.

Archived