Angelos yet to sign off? ESPN

minnesotaoriole

Deals are often announced "pending physicals". That wouldn't be the hold up IMO. Waiting for PA's signature and MLB's approval could.

Remember that besides being an Attorney and MLB Franchise owner, PA is also a world-reknowned sports doctor -- you may remember how he had to rescue the baseball folks from signing Aaron Sele several years ago :D

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look....I know Angelos and there is no way he gives up 100% power of a half billion $$$$ cmpany to AM. No way. I wouldn't give it up and doubtful anyone here would. I've also been told AM has to deal with his son to a point which is worse than dealing with PGA.

By the way I think this report is false!

Then your post was pointless. You've made your feelings on the matter perfectly clear. We get it, give it a rest.

Then your post was pointless. You've made your feelings on the matter perfectly clear. We get it, give it a rest.

His post was no more pointless than yours or anyone else's.

Bigbird is sharing his opinion.

Just because its not what you want to hear doesn't mean it is pointless.

If he came on here praising AM and bowing at his feet like some of you do, you would applaud him for what he is saying.

We aren't necessarily blaming him because we want to, but because of the ESPN report....... We can't dispute the facts and reports! WE just have to react to them

You are just plain wrong. You are manipulating the so called "facts" to make your argument that Angelos is meddling. The facts are that even though the headline states that Angelos has yet to "green light" the trade, the FACTS state in the actual report that Angelos has yet to even see the trade proposal because he is off doing God knows what. So if you're gonna spout facts, then state the facts, not just the ones to make your argument seem legit.

It could be that Angelos IS in fact still a meddling owner, but until I see something proven, I will not listen to these bogus media reports anymore!

Tony, we really need to hear you clarify things. I'm wondering if it's just requirements that Angelos wanted in return for Bedard, or if he actually has to take a look at the x-rays and medical records. Anyway after this goes down, hopefully you can post a "Tony's Take" clarifiying what you've heard. Because if Angelos is meddling again, Oriole fans deserve to know.

Hmm, this just doesn't make sense, if MacPhail doesn't have power, why the heck is he there? He can't have that much loyalty to the Orioles. If I were him I'd just walk, nobody would blame him and then the fanbase would follow suit.

No you wouldn't and neither would I. If my desire were to be commissioner someday the last thing I want to due it to butt heads with one of the votes I need to get me in that position. PGA only needs to get a few of his buddies and no commish for you!

If he came on here praising AM and bowing at his feet like some of you do, you would applaud him for what he is saying.

When have I bowed at AM's feet?

Zep...and you wonder why you rep to post ratio is so, well, not so hot.

Might I suggest a chill pill.

This is a whole lot of drama. Just sit back and go with the flow.

;)

Funny it's ok when Tony echos the similar info and it's treated differently by people here.

No you wouldn't and neither would I. If my desire were to be commissioner someday the last thing I want to due it to butt heads with one of the votes I need to get me in that position. PGA only needs to get a few of his buddies and no commish for you!

I thought PGA was hated by the rest of the owners and really had no "buddies." And if I had the money MacPhail has, you're darn right I would walk. I could always find another job in baseball.

I really don't think its wise to give Angelos an ultimatum like that...

Dunno.....but IMO telling Angelos to "take this job and shove it" would be quite a star on MacPhail's resume. I think most people is baseball's hierarchy would be quite empathetic.

Archived