MLB.com: Monday Afternoon MacPhail Quotes

dkdc

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would they give a s__t about the comments? It seems like it's basically SEA and us. Neither side seems to be trying to get a in bidding war. Either we come to an agreement or we don't.

Are the O's trying to do a side deal to flip someone and, in order to make the most of that, need to somehow shield the other team from the details of this deal? I'm not even sure what a good example of the would be, but in theory that could be possible. Otherwise, I have no idea why everything is so cloak-and-dagger now.

Well, I don't think the Mariners are being cloak and dagger about it. In fact, I think the Mariners already have a side deal in place to replace Adam Jones for the time being (by signing Brad Wilkerson). I think it's just us, and I think we have a problem. When there is speculation, you can go ahead and deny that. But when there are reports coming from the players involved in the deals being told that the deal is done, then that is no longer speculation. MacPhail needs to step up to the plate and give some real answers and not dance around the fact that this really isn't speculation anymore...

Why can't he just come out and be like "we're working on this" or "we're putting the final touches on this"...

Why is everything from the O's camp "deny, deny, deny..."?

Basically he is saying that.

"No deal is finalized, but discussions are ongoing."

Thats pretty much exactly what he is saying.

I cannot see how after AJ states he is coming in for a physical that the Orioles can continue the denial. I can see a reporter speculating, but a player? I hope PA is available tomorrow. It is still baffling that in 2008 with all the technology that communication cannot happen. Are they still using 2 cans and a string to communicate in the warehouse?:)

Get on with this already. How many more tickets could they sell right now to fan fest and for regular season games?

No he's saying nothing likely in the next few days and he'd be surprised if anything did happen. That's pretty much saying nothing is close.

MacPhail is really messing with a lot of things here. Bavasi has a deal lined up to go down with Wilkerson, but can't do anything because MacPhail can't make up his mind.

He's going to burn a ton of bridges with Seattle if he keeps this up...

O rly?

"As I said last night, we don't have an agreement with Seattle or any other team," he said. "I'm not expecting anything in the next few days and I'd be surprised if anything developed in the next few days."
"I'm not terribly surprised," said MacPhail of the clamor surrounding his staff ace. "We've had this on other players before and there certainly has been talk about Bedard. It's not surprising that there has been speculation."

Where's the ongoing discussion bit?

How can AJ let it slip and the O's still deny? Because AJ isn't bound by the same contractual rules that GMs are bound by, that is why.

I could give a crap anymore, I just want an announcement because every fifth post is just pissing me off.

The M's could have sent Jones to Baltimore to get a physical thinking the deal was done and wanting him here to make sure it gets done sooner rather than later.

All I know is that we seem to be the only team that makes these things this difficult.

Guest baltimore34

On XM's 90 second update earlier they said everybody is waiting for Angelo's approval, and he's not going to sign off today because he's not going to be in his office for personal reasons.

Archived