Need a new closer AND a new manager

vikkt

I don't know how many of you have played baseball, or any sport for that matter. You can always tell if someone doesn't want to be in a situation. Just look at Hunter and you know he DOES NOT want to be on the mound in these situations. It really is easy to see if you are perceptive.

What is worse though, is that Buck will just keep going to him, just like he did with JJ. Damn, just try someone else for a change. Don't just try to friggin concede every close game.

Which makes it worse because Buck's rationale behind keeping Hunter as closer is loyalty. Except that Hunter is lost and keeping him out there is not doing the best thing for Hunter.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our hitters are not quality MLB hitters ...They cant work counts .... dont walk (Adam Jones the team leader)....And he's applauded and allowed to give advice to our rookie 2B.

These hitters have a good track record and they will hit to it, eventually. I'm not worried about the hitting. The problem with the closer is the same as last year, it also has a track record. Which in this case, it's not good.

i think the O'S need new GM, MANAGER AND SCOUTS... if i was a pitcher on the O'S i swear after tonites ending i would make it clear to all other ball players unless things change soon go on strike till mr.angolos makes a change of GM AND ALL THE WAY DOWN....I wouldn't let buck coach a little league team....

These hitters have a good track record and they will hit to it, eventually. I'm not worried about the hitting. The problem with the closer is the same as last year, it also has a track record. Which in this case, it's not good.

How can you not be worried about the hitting? A quarter of the way through the season they are the 2nd worst offense in the AL and they look like they should be even worse than that.

No its not ...If Ulbaldo was anything but brilliant your not even in the game. The fact that your leading is credited to Ulbaldo not the offense...

1 run in 9 innings

1 run in 9 innings

2 runs in 9 innings

4 runs in 27 innings ....no excuse!

The O's were winning in the 9th. They needed 3 outs to win. So yeah, up to that point tonight, the offense was good enough.

i think the O'S need new GM, MANAGER AND SCOUTS... if i was a pitcher on the O'S i swear after tonites ending i would make it clear to all other ball players unless things change soon go on strike till mr.angolos makes a change of GM AND ALL THE WAY DOWN....I wouldn't let buck coach a little league team....

I'm going to assume this is satire for my own sanity.

The post game presser wasn't all lip service from Buck. He has a point. We did tonight, but you don't always have your starter go deep into the game anymore, and it's hard to manage a bullpen effectively when you have to use multiple arms in the 9th every night.

And no manager is going to trash a guy that's feeling like a bag of crap.

We will never know how Britton would have done tonight. Sucks that it went down the way it did. I hope change is coming.

Quick question I didn't see the overturned play which ultimately really hurt us obviously since kinsler fly out would have been 3rd out. was it a good overturn? Did we get screwed? Just curious. I'm in a blackout zone so i only heard it overturned on radio feed

They got the call right on the replay. He was safe.

The post game presser wasn't all lip service from Buck. He has a point. We did tonight, but you don't always have your starter go deep into the game anymore, and it's hard to manage a bullpen effectively when you have to use multiple arms in the 9th every night.

And no manager is going to trash a guy that's feeling like a bag of crap.

We will never know how Britton would have done tonight. Sucks that it went down the way it did. I hope change is coming.

Personally I would go with Guilmet who has closer experience in the minors.

Archived