vs. BREWERS, 5/28

OFFNY

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who did they play.. That's the difference. Before the O's came into town they had the Braves and Marlins. That's 4 of their loses this month.

A team that's 4 games over .500 and a team that's 3 games over .500. I apologize if I don't wet my pants.

The Braves, btw, also have a losing record in May.

Agreed. Pitching sucks. Offense is vastly overrated. .500 at best. Let's not sugarcoat what we have here.

I wonder about all the posts that say we are ".500 at best" even though, despite a lot of guys underperforming, we have been, and still are, ABOVE .500 every day in the month of May.

I mean, yeah, we are playing poorly. But despite playing poorly, with a lot of players doing worse than you would expect and only one or two guys on the whole team really exceeding expectations... we still have a winning record. So how do you figure ".500 at best"? You think that we will start doing even worse?

Our regular DH has been playing out in left (and absolutely raking) during our NL-park games. So don't try to sell me on the idea that "losing" that spot in the lineup is hurting this team. The remainder of our LF/DH platoon has been borderline non-existent this season.

Defense hurts just as much as lack of offense. For example Lough had a better chance to get that ball last night but we put Flaherty out there cause we had to do a double switch. Hence, no DH hurts us.

Want context? The Brewers have been playing losing baseball in May. The Orioles rolled into town and looked like crap. If not for a minor miracle, they'd have lost all three games. Last night, Yovani Gallardo drove in the winning run.

That's not context, that's a lack of knowledge of baseball. Brewers played Braves and Marlins before the O's came into town. They lost 4 games in those 7 games and those two teams are 2 of the top 4 teams in the NL this year. So Brewers lose to Braves 3 out 4 and lose 1 out 3 against Marlins. Brewers play anybody else those 7 games, Brewers aren't 10-13 in May but 12-11 or or 13-10. Well above .500 ball.

TJ MacFarland sucks donkey balls, nobody is gonna disagree with that. But again that comes back to a DH issue. Lough is in left field and has chance at that ball and Flaherty is on the bench. So that's 2 out of 3 the O's had a chance of winning. Not the 1 out of 3 because of the NL handicap.

The Orioles are playing awful baseball right now. There are no excuses.

I made no excuses. Rather pointing out Brewers have .600 record and are a .600 team at this point in the season. So the O's taking them extra innings 2 games and having a melt down in 8th really isn't that bad. Could things get better, ABSOLUTELY. But if the O's won last night, nobody would be complaining about going 2-1 against Brewers. Now that's context. Learn it.

Defense hurts just as much as lack of offense. For example Lough had a better chance to get that ball last night but we put Flaherty out there cause we had to do a double switch. Hence, no DH hurts us.

That's not context, that's a lack of knowledge of baseball. Brewers played Braves and Marlins before the O's came into town. They lost 4 games in those 7 games and those two teams are 2 of the top 4 teams in the NL this year. So Brewers lose to Braves 3 out 4 and lose 1 out 3 against Marlins. Brewers play anybody else those 7 games, Brewers aren't 10-13 in May but 12-11 or or 13-10. Well above .500 ball.

TJ MacFarland sucks donkey balls, nobody is gonna disagree with that. But again that comes back to a DH issue. Lough is in left field and has chance at that ball and Flaherty is on the bench. So that's 2 out of 3 the O's had a chance of winning. Not the 1 out of 3 because of the NL handicap.

I made no excuses. Rather pointing out Brewers have .600 record and are a .600 team at this point in the season. So the O's taking them extra innings 2 games and having a melt down in 8th really isn't that bad. Could things get better, ABSOLUTELY. But if the O's won last night, nobody would be complaining about going 2-1 against Brewers. Now that's context. Learn it.

I'm well aware of what actual context is, chief. What you're presenting is straight up rose-colored BS, in no uncertain terms.

There's no excuse for struggling without the DH role when a team knows it's coming (all season long). The O's could have managed their game differently. They didn't. Any failures are Buck's, not the system.

Though I certainly picked on the Gallardo incident, Macfarland was far from the only problem in game 2. It was Britton and Machado that let the Brewres back in in the 9th, and the starting pitching that dug a nice 5-0 hole.

Your assertion that the Brewers would be 13-10 IF they'd have played someone besides the Braves and Marlins, meanwhile, is unsustainable. We have no idea how they'd be if they'd of played someone different. And, as I noted, the Braves have played poorly in May, too, so it's not like they just rolled into town and beat up on Milwaukee. And if you DO still want to stand by those two teams, I'll point out that the Brewers lost series to the Cubs, D-Backs and Reds this month. Who are 5th, 5th and 4th in their divisions, for the record.

Your version of "context" ignores an awful lot of the facts. Reads a lot more like crap.

Braves... best pitching in NL. Marlins 2nd best offense.

Braves: 11-15 in May. (28th offense in ALL OF BASEBALL)

Marlins: 15-11 in May.

So .500, all in all.

Don't play the stat game if you're going to ignore the stats that aren't conducive to your own beliefs.

Jimenez needs to step up in HOU and help us begin the 4 gamer on a high note. We need game 1.

Ubaldo Jimenez is 4-0 with a 2.32 ERA and six quality starts in eight career outings against the Astros. He's 2-0 with a 2.37 ERA in five starts at Minute Maid Park.

He's sucked lately tho...

Archived