vs. ASTROS 5/29

scOtt

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And still mere games out of first! Playing like CRAP, nobody can deny, and yet we're RIGHT IN this thing. I'm not afraid at all.

And a 1-2-3. Relax. And float downstream.

you're all harshing my god damn mellow!

Obviously my point is that when you have Adam Jones, Chris Davis, Nelson Cruz, JJ Hardy, Manny Machado, etc on your team, you should be steamrolling the bejesus out of the Astros and their #5 starting pitcher.

Talk about underachieving.

And this game is already lost... right?

Don't normally agree with Roy, but I do here. Look, the team looks like crap, and has for about 2 weeks. When the starting pitching is decent like tonight, the hitting goes silent. And vice versa. We are far outclassed by the other teams in the division at this point, who despite having less All Star caliber players, have better pitching and hitters that compliment each other in the lineup.

Except that we still have a winning record and are ahead of two of those teams in the division that "outclass" us.

4 of the 5 starters in our rotation have an ERA+ that is worse than their career average, so I expect the starting will improve (and I also expect that we may bring in reinforcement(s) to the rotation either from Norfolk or trade).

We have more hitters slumping than overperforming at the moment.

I think you are seeing this team at its worst right now, and they will improve as the season goes on.

Archived