Report: Jones Damaged Goods?

SilentJames

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't buy the hip thing...

Why?

- There's no way he's playing winter ball with this condition

- With all the scrutiny and details about prospects available today(esp. good prospects like Jones) How likeley is it that it's never been mentioned before?

- Owners may not be the most ethical people in the world but Bavasi wouldn't try to sell us damaged goods without telling us first. (Early on in the negotiations with us) It would kill his reputation permanently with all other owners.

- If it was a "minor" issue that Bavasi honestly didn't think was a big deal, the only way to see if it really is an issue is to do a physical which would allow the O's to really know for themselves exactly what risk they were taking and we know that the physical was nixed... The exact opposite of what should have happened.

We assume that the M's even recognize that he has this condition. Perhaps they haven't seen it. Perhaps the O's docs are more in tune as to what to look for or just plain see something that the M's haven't seen before.

We assume that the M's even recognize that he has this condition. Perhaps they haven't seen it. Perhaps the O's docs are more in tune as to what to look for or just plain see something that the M's haven't seen before.

The M's may not feel it is significant. Loewen has a labrum tear and he has pretty good trade value. Any way Belkast has said in another thread that there is no injury problem, just PA not having time to go over all the paper work. FWIW.:002_sbiggrin:

The M's may not feel it is significant. Loewen has a labrum tear and he has pretty good trade value. Any way Belkast has said in another thread that there is no injury problem, just PA not having time to go over all the paper work. FWIW.:002_sbiggrin:

If we are to believe Belky, which I do, then they might as well close this thread as it is a dead issue!

I am now hearing that Adam Jone's background check came back with SIGNIFICANT issues and the O's are checking them out. they apparently do these checks on people using their birth names and aliases, and Adam has been referred to as "Pacman" Jones because he just eats up everything in the outfield. Apparently, this alias is leading to some very sketchy background issues. I'm still trying to figure out why this would be. :eek:

Are we really sitting around drawing conclusions about individual players health, our GM, and the entire Orioles organization based solely on rumors and third hand information that someone may or may not have heard correctly from Stan the Fan? I think everybody needs to step back and take a deep breath. We currently have ZERO confirmed information of ANY injury to Adam Jones. Lets not put this deal or this young mans career in the grave with absolutely ZERO facts. I'm as frustrated as anyone else about how things have been handled thus far, but when we fan the flames of speculation and completely baseless rumors, we then become part of the problem.

In the end, if this deal doesn't happen, and it turns out that PA is the one who has vetoed this trade, then I will help light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks. Until then lets try to show just a little restraint in our discussions of this matter.

I don't buy the hip thing...

Why?

- There's no way he's playing winter ball with this condition

- With all the scrutiny and details about prospects available today(esp. good prospects like Jones) How likeley is it that it's never been mentioned before?

- Owners may not be the most ethical people in the world but Bavasi wouldn't try to sell us damaged goods without telling us first. (Early on in the negotiations with us) It would kill his reputation permanently with all other owners.

- If it was a "minor" issue that Bavasi honestly didn't think was a big deal, the only way to see if it really is an issue is to do a physical which would allow the O's to really know for themselves exactly what risk they were taking and we know that the physical was nixed... The exact opposite of what should have happened.

So do you really think that noone is questioning MacPhail's knowledge on the extent of Tejada's involvement with steroids and the possibility of his name coming up in the Mitchell Report? Come on... it's a cut throat business- and you damn well know any advantage an owner or GM can get- he'll take.

Are we really sitting around drawing conclusions about individual players health, our GM, and the entire Orioles organization based solely on rumors and third hand information that someone may or may not have heard correctly from Stan the Fan? I think everybody needs to step back and take a deep breath. We currently have ZERO confirmed information of ANY injury to Adam Jones. Lets not put this deal or this young mans career in the grave with absolutely ZERO facts. I'm as frustrated as anyone else about how things have been handled thus far, but when we fan the flames of speculation and completely baseless rumors, we then become part of the problem.

In the end, if this deal doesn't happen, and it turns out that PA is the one who has vetoed this trade, then I will help light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks. Until then lets try to show just a little restraint in our discussions of this matter.

...in a word...."Yes"

Adam Jones is probably really looking forward to coming to Baltimore !

Seriously, the way the Orioles organization is run plus 10 losing seasons, why would any young, emerging star in their right mind want to come play for this team?

I'll bet Adam Jones, Sean Gallagher, and the whole rest of the players that have been rumored to be traded to the O's are thanking God every day for one more day that they're not wearing an O's uniform......or a Pirate's uniform for that matter.

I am now hearing that Adam Jone's background check came back with SIGNIFICANT issues and the O's are checking them out. they apparently do these checks on people using their birth names and aliases, and Adam has been referred to as "Pacman" Jones because he just eats up everything in the outfield. Apparently, this alias is leading to some very sketchy background issues. I'm still trying to figure out why this would be. :eek:

Make it rain Adam!!!

Well if they got an advanced copy of his medical records and they saw something that the M's weren't forthcoming with that could piss AM off enough to say "what exactly are you trying to do here?"

BTW Stan the Fan, for those who don't know writes for, and I believe is the editor of Pressbox sports paper here in B'more.

NMS had a question about that.

Yeah but to cancel the physical to find out one way or the other would be just plain idiotic.

Archived