Zrebiec: Other teams in the mix

JCK

Wouldn't Votto, Cueto, & Bailey be right up there with any Mariners deal? I'd prefer Jones but Votto might be a safer bet as a hitter. Cueto & Bailey are better than any of the Mariner's pitching prospects, IMO. I just don't see how anyone can say Bruce NEEDS to be in any Cincy deal.

I agree...This falls into the trap of us needing to get the best player from an organization in a Bedard deal...I don't agree with it either.

Bottom line is Votto + Bailey or Cueto is better than Tillman + Jones IMO.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the Sun article just said, the reason the talks with the Reds broke off was because the O's asked for Bruce at the Winter Meetings. That tells me MacPhail would want Bruce in the deal for Bedard.

He did at the meetings, but maybe he's coming down from that.

They were after Bruce from the start and wanted to settle for nothing less, can't blame them there. But fact remains that the other 3 are all top 100 prospects, and would be a pretty good return. AM has just shown that he is out to get one PREMIER OF prospect back and that is where offers need to begin.

I've seen reports that question if Votto will even hit in the Majors.

Im sorry, but sometimes I think the Sun plays us for fools, and thinks we dont pay attention. Or maybe this article is for the average O's fan who knows nothing about whats going on.

Do you think there are more "average" fans who read the Sun? Or do you think people like us make up the majority of the readers?

They're a major newspaper targeting a wide audience. I don't mind your vent, but just find it funny that people act surprised by their reporting on the O's. It's not Baseball America, it's the Baltimore Sun.

Andy MacPhail sure does like conversating, just from this article...

"We continue to talk,"

"We've had some other clubs chime in as well."

"Still talking. It's just conversations."

"I talked to him today, and I expect that I'll probably talk to him tomorrow him as well,"

I wonder how these conversations go?

AM: I still want Triunfel instead of 2 B prospects.

BB: I still won't give you them.

AM: OK cool, talk to ya tomorrow Bill!

They were after Bruce from the start and wanted to settle for nothing less, can't blame them there. But fact remains that the other 3 are all top 100 prospects, and would be a pretty good return. AM has just shown that he is out to get one PREMIER OF prospect back and that is where offers need to begin.

I've seen reports that question if Votto will even hit in the Majors.

If I'm AM I call St Louis and try to get Rasmus, he is probably the best first piece he would be able to get in a deal for Bedard. Unlike many I believe they also have enough prospects to go along with him.

Peace ..I saw some scouting reports on Bruce & they say he's not a ML CF. If we could get him in a deal for Bedard who plays CF Markakis?

I think the deal was he would have to move to a corner eventually, as of now he's ok in CF

If I'm AM I call St Louis and try to get Rasmus, he is probably the best first piece he would be able to get in a deal for Bedard. Unlike many I believe they also have enough prospects to go along with him.

This is the direction I've been leaning towards. Now I agree they don't have the greatest pieces after Colby, they have enough to get the deal done.

The real question would be why they'd want to. I guess with a new stadium and a competitive NL they can justify adding Bedard. Maybe if they're close come the AS break and Carpenter returns they can make a push for the playoffs. I'm not sure that's likely though.

Courtesy of BP

dtimmeny (NYC): Hey Bryan, how do you rank the following crop of young stud outfielders as to their career peaks - Bruce, Justin Upton, Rasmus, Jones, Maybin?

Bryan Smith: Upton, Bruce, Jones, Rasmus, Maybin. Not a slight against anyone, I think they will all be pretty good.

I'd take Jones over Rasmus myself too

Archived