(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

I am know I will be accused of being "reactionary" but I have been thinking about posting this since Wednesday. Manny has to be moved up the order. At the very least he should be batting sixth. Hardy's power stats in the past year have been woeful.

I think Machado should bat fifth, and they should move Davis down to seventh. Maybe if he's batting seventh he'll get some better pitches to hit.

I'm not sure I follow. Why would he get better pitches to hit batting seventh as opposed to fifth?

I'm all for moving manny up and Davis down.

It's past time to drop Davis in the order, he's under the Mendoza line for the entire first half of the season.

Drop him until he proves he deserves to hit higher.

Hell id be ok with platooning him at first with Pearce and sitting him against tough lefties and having Young DH.

I'm all for moving manny up and Davis down.

It's past time to drop Davis in the order, he's under the Mendoza line for the entire first half of the season.

Drop him until he proves he deserves to hit higher.

Hell id be ok with platooning him at first with Pearce and sitting him against tough lefties and having Young DH.

Mendoza? He's under the Uecker line.

I like Manny 3rd. Jones has more power and so does Cruz. Machado, Jones and Cruz at 3, 4, and 5.

That is what I would do. Leave Pearce at 2, since he gets on base. Put Cruz at 5 because he's more likely to just take a walk when he being pitched around. Just get your 5 best hitters up first and lefty/righty considerations be damned at this point.

That is what I would do. Leave Pearce at 2, since he gets on base. Put Cruz at 5 because he's more likely to just take a walk when he being pitched around. Just get your 5 best hitters Jalapenosup first and lefty/righty considerations be damned at this point.

The O's are in first place. Yes Davis is doing badly. So it doesn't really matter if he

5th or 7th does it? Over all the team is winning. So why fix what ain't broke? IMO

Yeah, my ideal lineup at this point would be:

1. Nick Markakis RF

2. Steve Pearce LF

3. Nelson Cruz DH

4. Adam Jones CF

5. Manny Machado 3B

6. Chris Davis 1B

7. JJ Hardy SS

8. Jonathan Schoop 2B

9. Nick Hundley C

I keep Davis sixth just to break up the long parade of righties.