(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

The O's are in first place. Yes Davis is doing badly. So it doesn't really matter if he

5th or 7th does it? Over all the team is winning. So why fix what ain't broke? IMO

I would generally agree with this, but I'd like to get Manny more ABs. I like the idea of Machado 3rd, then sliding everyone down one spot.

The O's are in first place. Yes Davis is doing badly. So it doesn't really matter if he

5th or 7th does it? Over all the team is winning. So why fix what ain't broke? IMO

We're 1st in the AL East but can still improve. We're not the best team in the AL by any stretch. Moving Manny up in the order makes our lineup a little bit better, not much though.

That's the worst logic I've ever seen. No need for a first place team to ever change anything, huh?

Agreed with moving him up.

I was in favor of moving him down when he was clearly frustrated and stumbling at the plate, even though that was mocked, but I think the 2nd half is a good time to put him somewhere you can envision leaving him for the rest of the season.

Heck...I wouldn't even be opposed to batting him lead off for a month to see what happens (

I am going to start to keep track. Tonight Machado first at bat Cruz leads off inning getting on base , Davis strikeout (shock), Hardy fielders choice, Machado single to right, Hardy moves to third. Two outs runner is wasted at third. Missed opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...
Judging by that HR/FB rate surge, it look like that hoped for Manny Machado power spike is happening right in front of our eyes. But is it? His batted ball distance is up just about five feet from last year, but his HR/FB rate has more than doubled. The first thing I should share is that Machado’s xHR/FB rate last season according to my formula was 13.4%. So, he was actually quite unlucky. It seems like now his fortune has turned the other way and he’s been a bit fortunate. As usual, the answer likely likes somewhere in between. He clearly has more power than last season’s HR/FB rate suggests, but I think his current mark is unsustainable at the moment.

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/potential-second-half-power-faders/

o

In the very first game that Showlater moved Machado up in the lineup:

(vs. ANGELS, 7/29)

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

Is slowly but surely getting better with the bat in his hand. In the month of June he is hitting .250/.308/.400.

He is also getting better at taking walks - 1 BB in 14.9 ABs this year compared to 1 BB in 23 ABs last year.

With his knee injury costing him spring training and his slow start I think Machado is going to have a much better 2nd half - this will be a key to us winning the division.

Slowly, but surely.

(vs. ANGLES, 7/29)

o

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO