Where will Reimold go? (Update: DFA)

Aglets

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, I could have written this post myself. I agree completely. Why offer him the contract and then after seeing that he's hitting well, DFA him? Makes no sense. I would have DFA'd Lough myself, but whatever...Nolan will find a way to hurt us somewhere down the road.

Well how many DH's do you need. Reimold can't defend and you already have Cruz as the DH and you have Peirce in left where would you play Nolan? Anyway another million of Angelos money thrown down the drain.

What use is that skillset when Pearce is the better overall player at this point and Delmon barely plays? Nolan would only play as often as Delmon, which is practically never. So yeah we can have Nolan see 4+ pitches/PA a handful of times, I guess. But I'd rather keep the guy who we know can hit major league pitching and isn't doubling up on neck surgeries.

You nailed it. He got Pearced.

His hit tool did not. And running was giving him neck problems. I definitely would not trust his run tool in ST.

I don't recall seeing that anywhere. Anyway I didn't mention his hit tool, I mentioned his power. The power I think is still there.

Now if he can hit MLB pitching at this point, I don't know.

I don't recall seeing that anywhere. Anyway I didn't mention his hit tool, I mentioned his power. The power I think is still there.

Now if he can hit MLB pitching at this point, I don't know.

He will crush for the Revolution.

Flaherty. He'd be fine out there, but I'm also not one to give 2 craps about backing up CF. Overrated defensive position IMO. Have we seen Adam make any plays our there this year that Flaherty couldn't make? I haven't seen it, unless we're talking about throwing. And the extra-hard plays Jones tries to make, he really hasn't made. He's pretty bad at diving plays.

I think your estimation of a CF's worth would go up if Lough was out there.

I don't know about the running or the hitting part at this point. Do you? We certainly haven't had evidence in 2 years of that at this level with any kind of sample size to speak of.

Presumably his current rehab stint, plus the supervised rehab he did before that, provides a sufficient basis to judge whether Nolan is healthy enough to run at something approaching his former full speed and hit the ball a good distance when he makes good contact. The guy has played 17 AA games and has hit .315/.420/.481 with 3 doubles and 2 homers. None of that necessarily tells me that he is ready to hit major league pitching, but in terms of his being healthy enough to play baseball -- for now -- I think there is plenty of basis for judgment.

None of that means that he fits our current roster, or that it would make sense for us to send Pearce, Young or Lough somewhere to make room for Nolan.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> will DFA Nolan Reimold.</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">June 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There is no other option.

So that means if no one claims him he is back with the O's?

Archived