Where will Reimold go? (Update: DFA)

Aglets

That's possible but I can't believe any GM ever really leaves the job behind. Even if home for a holiday weekend they're still in touch. I think Nolan is gone for sure.

e: As well as he has been hitting, there are probably teams waiting for him to be put on waivers. Watching, waiting.

If someone picks him up the team saves 500k. He has no place on the team so I hope somebody does. Maybe he can join Brian in New York. I don't see him providing much help to anyone as he is basically a DH only guy.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope so. The best chance of this happening is to do exactly what the front office did- 4th of July weekend and especially, before the AS Break. I know the team doesn't need another right handed bat, but a healthy Reimold can help this team. At least it gives the O's more cards in their hand they can play whenever they make a trade.

If someone wanted Reimold they could trade for him now and we would basically give him up for nothing. He has no trade value and no place on the team as long as Cruz is here.

So go gather up 25 Nolan Reimolds and win 48 games with a heck of a cheap payroll.

We were talking about fan criticism of players.

The statement I was commenting on

People can't wait to be rid of Nick who has done much more for the club and the community for much longer.

Are you expecting your average fan to note the distinction?

Currently Nick is worth 1.4 fWAR, this season. Reimold has been worth 1.3 fWAR for the entire 5 years he has been an O. Nick if he continues this year at this rate, will have been worth about 100 M for his 10 years as an O, and cost less than 70M. The average fan probably has a dim recollection of who Reimold is, and wants Nick to be an O for life.

So go gather up 25 Nolan Reimolds and win 48 games with a heck of a cheap payroll.

You would need more than 25 reimolds as they only play about 10 games a year. Nick is a very good player in every year except lasts.

• 2 years later...
Damn you Sportsfan8703. You got my hopes up that Reimold had been designated for assignment after the game.

Haha me too... I was like wow, they really didn't mess around. I should have known better. Reimold will be on the team until age 42 when he goes on his retirement tour and teams will give him gifts.

Haha me too... I was like wow, they really didn't mess around. I should have known better. Reimold will be on the team until age 42 when he goes on his retirement tour and teams will give him gifts.

Which upon that date Buck will reveal that Reimold is really his biological son and that he didn't tell anyone because he wanted to be amused by the OH as they fumed and drove themselves crazy over his insistence in playing Reimold endlessly. ;)

Archived