Where will Reimold go? (Update: DFA)

Aglets

People have to remember Pearce was a lifetime .249 hitter comming into the season with 17 homers and has never started more then 45 games all season. Maybe he will just keep it up all year but I don't want to take my chances Pearce can be great for another 85 games. We need to keep up a back up option.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the O's keep Delmon. Reimold's health is not to be trusted. Not when the O's have an option like Young.

The 500K salary should not stop a team from claiming Reimold. His health history will slow some clubs down though.

Exactly how I feel as well. Hope it plays out this way.

He's 30 years old hitting in the Eastern League. You do realize he's 30 years old, right? He brings nothing to the table that we aren't already getting from Pearce, Young, and even Lough.

At the plate? Come on. Lough can't hit, hasn't hit, and wouldn't hit as well. He's 28 and garbage as a ML hitter.

Nolan Reimold is a sneeze away from the DL. We have too many of his types on the roster right now (Pearce, Young). And honestly Reimold doesn't bring anything to the table. He's older, slower, and we don't know how much worse his defense is at this point.

Unfortunately I think Duquette and Buck have a crush on Reimold, so I'm guessing Young gets traded. The problem is I don't think you'll get much. So why sacrifice a relatively valuable part (PH, occasional DH) for basically a carbon copy with a history of being injured (and for long periods of time)?

This club will NOT carry Pearce, Young, and Reimold on the 25 man...so you can forget Lough getting placed on waivers. Lough is essentially a late inning defensive replacement, pinch runner, and occasional backup OF.

So, this club is in a tough spot. It appears the only two options (outside of Pearce or Young getting hurt, of course) is trading one of Pearce or Young (Young is less versatile, so he's the prime target) or putting Reimold and his $1m salary on waivers.

The O's might well trade Delmon but not to make room for Reimold. We need RP, a LH bat and a 2B. Not another RH LF/DH. Instead of looking at his numbers at Bowie and remembering his good old days. what does his swing look like now. Is he driving the ball? He always could take pitches but the neck injury had a serious effect on his swing. Has that improved? Hopefully he passes through waivers or we can get something back in a trade.

This is ridiculous. What good is BB% if you can't bloody hit?

Delmon does nothing but get hits. Stop relying on Nolan's once-upon-a-time good ML walk percentage. It's a mirage. He's not going to walk up here if he can't prove he can still hit up here.

Yet Nolan also has the higher OBP.

Guest rochester

First off, I am a big fan of Nolan's - his hustle was a breath of fresh air during the lean years when folks like BRob wouldn't hustle down the line. Every year I keep thinking that this is the one he will maintain at least a decorum of health - each year I feel like Charlie Brown. To look at Nolan's salary this year as the only consideration for another team is not correct IMO. Other teams will also have to drop someone on their 25-man to take a chance on him. I also would not trade or move anyone under the assumption that Nolan will take their place - odds are we may be looking at trying to fill a Young or Pearce's position at any time after, which sounds really annoying and a risk I most likely do not take.

Lough? I don't understand the whole left-right thing when it comes to Lough. How does it matter when he is not getting on base and/or running? He is the one that will pass through waivers - maybe the answer is waive Lough put Nolan on the 25 man and buy some time on which two you keep (Pearce, Young or Reimold) can be based on a bit more information, or put together a trade that is not made in panic mode.

That OBP is mostly from over 2 years ago. I'm no longer buying that track record. I'd be willing to see if he would return to form if we weren't in a pennant race, but why remove a guy that is killing the ball?

Have you looked at Young's most recent years?

Nolan Reimold is a sneeze away from the DL. We have too many of his types on the roster right now (Pearce, Young). And honestly Reimold doesn't bring anything to the table. He's older, slower, and we don't know how much worse his defense is at this point.

Unfortunately I think Duquette and Buck have a crush on Reimold, so I'm guessing Young gets traded. The problem is I don't think you'll get much. So why sacrifice a relatively valuable part (PH, occasional DH) for basically a carbon copy with a history of being injured (and for long periods of time)?

This club will NOT carry Pearce, Young, and Reimold on the 25 man...so you can forget Lough getting placed on waivers. Lough is essentially a late inning defensive replacement, pinch runner, and occasional backup OF.

So, this club is in a tough spot. It appears the only two options (outside of Pearce or Young getting hurt, of course) is trading one of Pearce or Young (Young is less versatile, so he's the prime target) or putting Reimold and his $1m salary on waivers.

Saying he is slower is pure speculation. He didn't look as if he had lost a step in spring training.

What to do with Reimold is not a tough spot. Replacing Wieters was a tough spot.

Archived