Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

Maybe someone can explain to me this fascination some have with Kurt Suzuki.

Suzuki has a 22% caught stealing, ERA with him behind the plate is 4.31 and he has a .5 defensive DWAR.

Joseph has a 48% caught stealing, ERA with him behind the plate is 3.05 and he has a1.2 DWAR.

Offensively the power numbers are equal. Granted, Suzuki gets on base more but are you willing to sacrifice that much on defense to get a little better hitting catcher? I truly don't understand why people think Suzuki is a must get for this year.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe someone can explain to me this fascination some have with Kurt Suzuki.

Suzuki has a 22% caught stealing, ERA with him behind the plate is 4.31 and he has a .5 defensive DWAR.

Joseph has a 48% caught stealing, ERA with him behind the plate is 3.05 and he has a1.2 DWAR.

Offensively the power numbers are equal. Granted, Suzuki gets on base more but are you willing to sacrifice that much on defense to get a little better hitting catcher? I truly don't understand why people think Suzuki is a must get for this year.

Joseph's OPS in July is a respectable .700 for a strong defensive catcher. I would much rather add a 2B who can hit a little. Of course, he would have to be a good fielder, too, as Buck is not going to agree to having a hole in the infield defense. Maybe there just isn't such a player available.

Pretty sure I read that Lester will want to come back to Boston as a free agent if he is dealt away before the deadline. He'll never end up here for a number of reasons, so why offer ourselves as leverage for Boston to extract a greater return from someone else?

Archived