Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's a good prospect? Not Bundy, Gausman or Harvey.

I think they would want Harvey plus, which, when you think about it is a A pitcher for an Ace in the playoffs, or selling an option of a chance in 2 or 3 years or never for a chance now. Maybe we could land him for a package centered around Ed Rodriguez. Although Lester would be nice, I wouldn't trade Gausman Bundy or Harvey as our pitchers have been good enough not to warrant trading the future TOR potential for rentals.

I think a comparable situation is the brewers sending Greinke to the Angels in 2012. The Crew got Jean Segura and two pitchers. At the time Segura was the top rated position prospect in the Angels organization.

I think they would want Harvey plus, which, when you think about it is a A pitcher for an Ace in the playoffs, or selling an option of a chance in 2 or 3 years or never for a chance now. Maybe we could land him for a package centered around Ed Rodriguez. Although Lester would be nice, I wouldn't trade Gausman Bundy or Harvey as our pitchers have been good enough not to warrant trading the future TOR potential for rentals.
Then they can forget about it, nobody is giving them that for a 2 month rental.

Then they can forget about it, nobody is giving them that for a 2 month rental.

People keep saying that, but it happens more often then you'd imagine. Remember, the Red Sox get a supplemental round pick out of him if they don't trade him. So they're going to need something thats more valuable. I'd fully expect them to ask for Harvey, but even if you managed to avoid moving Harvey you'd still be losing ERod+Sisco and likely another

Id trade bundy + berry + ed rod for keuchel.

Just wonder if that's enough to get him.

Having him through 2018 along with Gausman and Harvey would make bundy expendable honestly.

I wouldn't want to give up Bundy. He may be a good pitcher but that seems a bit

pricy to me.

I would definitely give up Bundy if the Sox would bite. Not convinced Bundy is going to be the real deal like many think in the organization. And to add Lester for the stretch drive and have a legit ace for the playoffs signals we,re legit and we're going for it. I chalk this up as the cost of doing business without draining our farm system

You would consider giving up Bundy for a 2 month rental of Lester?

I would respond more, but my head just 'sploded. :cussing:

I'd be up for getting Lester even if it took a Bundy or Gausman... but ONLY if we sign an extension. I don't want to give up a top prospect for a 2 month rental.

I guess this is where I reiterate my belief that you never give up more than a token amount for the right to pay someone a very expensive free agent contract. Without an extension this deal is prospect(s) for two months of a 3-5 win pitcher. With an extension this is prospect(s) plus ~$100M for five years and two months of a 3-5 win pitcher.

There is absolutely no way I'd give up a top prospect in either one of those deals.

People keep saying that, but it happens more often then you'd imagine. Remember, the Red Sox get a supplemental round pick out of him if they don't trade him. So they're going to need something thats more valuable. I'd fully expect them to ask for Harvey, but even if you managed to avoid moving Harvey you'd still be losing ERod+Sisco and likely another

What's the average value of a supplemental pick? Maybe $3-5M? That's Nick Hundley's 2014 salary. So, yea, if you want to compensate them for the loss of a pick throw in the equivalent of a year of Nick Hundley.

Rodriguez and Sisco probably wouldn't be a totally unreasonable price.

His FIP (3.02) is lower than his ERA (3.11) and he sports an attractive ERA+ of 128. His SO/9 is nothing great (7.0) but his SO/BB ratio is 3.3 as he's only walked 30 batters all season in 127.1 IP. Maybe best of all, he's thrown 3 CG and averages 6.7 IP P/S.

The MLB K:BB ratio is now 2.6:1, and the league Ks 7.7 batters/nine. Yes, I know it's hard for me to wrap my mind around this, too. But Kutchel is roughly a league-average pitcher by strikeouts and walks. I'd be a little concerned that his HR/FB rate in '14 is half of what it was prior to '14 when his ERA was over 5.00.

What's the average value of a supplemental pick? Maybe $3-5M? That's Nick Hundley's 2014 salary. So, yea, if you want to compensate them for the loss of a pick throw in the equivalent of a year of Nick Hundley.

Rodriguez and Sisco probably wouldn't be a totally unreasonable price.

You could send them the comepetitive balance pick as compensation, correct?

As musch as I want to I just don't see us making a huge play for Lester, Price, Shields or any other rental that will cost us Bundy or Harvey. I can't see getting this deal done for less than that with teams like Seattle and he Dodgers willing to pony up. Same argument as the other thread. How important is it to go for a WS in a year in which we have a realsitic shot.

Rodriguez, Sisco, Walker and Yaz maybe but that's alot. And as much as we may think that it doesn't make a difference that this is a division rival it surely does. We don't want these guys coming back to bite us when we have to play these guys for years to come.

You could send them the comepetitive balance pick as compensation, correct?

As musch as I want to I just don't see us making a huge play for Lester, Price, Shields or any other rental that will cost us Bundy or Harvey. I can't see getting this deal done for less than that with teams like Seattle and he Dodgers willing to pony up. Same argument as the other thread. How important is it to go for a WS in a year in which we have a realsitic shot.

Rodriguez, Sisco, Walker and Yaz maybe but that's alot. And as much as we may think that it doesn't make a difference that this is a division rival it surely does. We don't want these guys coming back to bite us when we have to play these guys for years to come.

We are "going" for the World Series by standing pat. Our odds are about 8 percent that we win this way. If we give up Bundy and Gausman and Harvey and Walker and Cisco, we can probably improve those odds to 14%. Still not good odds.

We are "going" for the World Series by standing pat. Our odds are about 8 percent that we win this way. If we give up Bundy and Gausman and Harvey and Walker and Cisco, we can probably improve those odds to 14%. Still not good odds.

What were our odds at the beginning of the season? .00000008? lol.

What were our odds at the beginning of the season? .00000008? lol.

Or better yet, what would the "odds" have been with Wieters out for the year, Machado not back for a month, a homerless Hardy, and Jiminez stinking up the joint? Odds are useful in making determinations in perhaps something as uncomplicated as card playing. But in a multivariable process involving human performance and, in fact, unending combinations of multivariable human performances called team performance, odds are that "odds" will be dead wrong.

Archived