Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

We are "going" for the World Series by standing pat. Our odds are about 8 percent that we win this way. If we give up Bundy and Gausman and Harvey and Walker and Cisco, we can probably improve those odds to 14%. Still not good odds.

Sure I get that. But baseball is not that simplistic in which it can always be broken into statistics. We are "going" for it I agree. Our chances are however less. Whether that be the 6% that you simplify it to be or not. Games are measured by statistics but they are not won by them.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't want to give up Bundy. He may be a good pitcher but that seems a bit

pricy to me.

Really you wouldn't trade for a proven successful ML starter, giving up a PROSPECT who is struggling to get out hitters at high A?

In the middle of a pennant race?

It's okay Houston isn't stupid... they would want more than Bundy for Kuechal

I think a combination of Bundy/EdRod/Walker or Schoop lands you any top guy other than Price and don't want Lester for that without an extension. With one, absolutely but it'll never happen he won't play against his beloved Sox.

You're telling me the Phillies wouldn't take that package for Hamels? They would.

I don't think it takes that for Keuchel - they want bats so something like Berry/Walker/Schoop lands you Keuchel. I really do.

I think a combination of Bundy/EdRod/Walker or Schoop lands you any top guy other than Price and don't want Lester for that without an extension. With one, absolutely but it'll never happen he won't play against his beloved Sox.

You're telling me the Phillies wouldn't take that package for Hamels? They would.

I don't think it takes that for Keuchel - they want bats so something like Berry/Walker/Schoop lands you Keuchel. I really do.

I think it is really hard to judge what the Phillies would or wouldn't take.

They do not appear eager to sell.

I kinda get a vibe off them like that guy having a yardsale that keeps sneaking stuff back into his garage when the better half isn't looking.

The Sox are alos listening for offers for Lackey and Miller. I think I would rather have those guys. Lackey has another year at just 500k salary which would be a steal. With that contract you have to think it will cost more in prospects though. Miller would be a nice lefty in the pen with an upgrade over Matusz.

I think the O's will add two players who have been All-Stars. (adding veteran presences). They will integrate them into the team over the next month to help them in the playoffs.

1. Catcher Kurt Suzuki for Steven Brault.

The O's will option Nick Hundley and bring him back Sept 1st. They will want to keep Caleb Joseph in the majors. Suzuki's salary for the rest of the year is 917K.

2. Sign Jim Johnson to a minor league contract after he passes through waivers.

No one is going to want to paid the last 3.3M on Johnson's contract. Miami has their attention on other places beside the pen. Once Johnson passes through waivers he is a free agent and still gets the rest of his contract from the A's. Buck convinces him to come to the O's on a minor league deal, gets straighten out in the minors, and be back with the team in mid August. He probably goes to Bowie so he is close to Camden Yards.

Johnson will not be the O's closer.

This is not a deadline deal but is on schedule for the first week on August.

There are my guesses.

Really you wouldn't trade for a proven successful ML starter, giving up a PROSPECT who is struggling to get out hitters at high A?

In the middle of a pennant race?

It's okay Houston isn't stupid... they would want more than Bundy for Kuechal

Usually this is my philosophy, but not for a guy having the first few good months of his entire career. The orioles would be really stupid to give up bundy for this guy. I guarentee the anstros would take bundy in a heartbeat.

The guy to make this type of move for was jeff samardjiza, but that ship has sailed.

Weren't their rumors the Red Sox wanted Hamels? Where's SG - this should be a three-way trade.

O's get Lester

Boston gets Hamels

Phillies get some stuff from both

Does anyone else feel like Lester's comments could be a moral hazard for him on a new team? Perhaps it's psychobabble, but I feel a little uneasy about the prospect of renting a Red Sock who's basically said that I understand why this would be a good move for the Red Sox and would be willing to resign there next year.

I am wondering if we should check into Carlos Gonzalez? He is having a down year and has had injury problems. His contract is very high next three years ($17-18 million). All that said he has hit over 20 homers and 20 steals the last 4 years. He is relatively young. My thought process is that he could probably be pried away from Colorado, who is out of the race and has 3 of their top players on the DL.

Wondering what it would take. Would you give Bundy or Harvey up? Would you even want him? Given that Cruz and Markakis are free agents at the end of the year, I think CarGo would have future value for us.

None of our prospects are "just right" for Lester alone - Bundy and Harvey are too good and everyone else isn't good enough. The comp could be how Oakland got two parts for Russell.

What offer passes a tipping point for let's say Harvey?

1. Lester and Koji

2. Lester, Koji and Miller

3. Lester, Koji, Miller and Lackey

Archived