Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

Come on Dan. Get this done!! You want Lester in Toronto for the stretch run?? Send them Bundy and Berry and let's get this done!!

For two months? Then Lester resigns with Sox and we get to face a potential ace in Bundy for years to come.. no thanks.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Asdrubal Cabrera is being shopped. Orioles should be all over that. I would be ecstatic with Cabrera and one of Koji/Miller/Benoit. I also trust DD if he decides to trade for a TOR starter.

Count me in the get Cabrera crowd...maybe if he impresses he could be our next SS or 2B if/when Hardy leaves. Not to mention a switch hitter would be nice to have on the team. We don't even have one right now and barely anything worth mentioning from the left side.

Can Cabrera play 2nd?.. I'd be ok with that trade. Probably would cost us Erod plus a filler.

I believe Rosenthal tweeted a few days ago that teams were looking at him as a possible 2B trade target as well. I don't think he'd even cost EdRod. Maybe Delmon and Wright.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #Orioles not pursuing #Twins? Suzuki.

I'm actually pretty happy about this. 2B is a much bigger need than catcher.

100% agree. I never understood why Suzuki was even being discussed. He would be a liability on defense compared to what we have and we all know how much stock Buck puts on defense.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #Orioles not pursuing #Twins? Suzuki.

I'm actually pretty happy about this. 2B is a much bigger need than catcher.

That's fine, but I don't think because we are not interested in Suzuki means we are interested in a 2B. I think they are going to go with JS for the rest of the season.

What you want (not you personally, but in general) and what happens are rarely in sync:)

I don't need or want Dylan Bundy to flop to make my argument.

I am saying that I would gladly trade him for a piece that would push the 2014 O's over the top, and take the risk that he develops into a plus starting pitcher. I think the likelihood of Bundy becoming a TOR starter is lower than many choose to believe.

So what is this over the top you speak of? Is it guaranteeing a playoff spot? Is it making it overwhelmingly likely that the team wins the World Series? If it's the latter I don't think Ruth (or Bonds, or Pedro, or whomever) in his prime would do that.

The little evil guy on my shoulder says "root for this insane deal to happen, just so you can stick it to webbrick every time Bundy beats us and Keuchel turns into Miguel Gonzalez."

100% agree. I never understood why Suzuki was even being discussed. He would be a liability on defense compared to what we have and we all know how much stock Buck puts on defense.

A regression in BABIP to his career norm would also make him possibly a downgrade from Joseph.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> out on Kurt Suzuki -- Per <a href="https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1">@Joelsherman1</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal">@Ken_Rosenthal</a> .</p>— Mike Berardino (@MikeBerardino) <a href="

">July 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived