Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #Orioles not pursuing #Twins? Suzuki.

I'm actually pretty happy about this. 2B is a much bigger need than catcher.

100% agree. I never understood why Suzuki was even being discussed. He would be a liability on defense compared to what we have and we all know how much stock Buck puts on defense.

Samesies.

One bat, one reliever.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Blue Jays themselves are? Or just Rogers Communication? I was pretty sure Bud wouldn't allow any publicly traded MLB teams, way too much scrutiny and openness required there.

This is correct. The Blue Jays are in no way publicly traded. Its against the MLB by laws. The ownership group of the BlueJays are however traded but that doesn't mean any info on the Jays is required to be released.

"Baltimore also would like to add a lefty reliever, upgrade at second base and find offensive help at catcher with Matt Wieters out for the year".

-From Joel Sherman's column

The early part of the article was focused on a TOR starter. He says they want one, but do not want to deal KG, DB, or HH. Especially for ~ a dozen starts from Lester.

I'm keeping my hopes up for Cabrera, Miller, and maybe Carp.

I would be very pleased with:

Markakis

Machado

Jones

Cruz

Davis

Hardy

Cabrera

Pearce/Carp

Joseph

I don't need or want Dylan Bundy to flop to make my argument.

I am saying that I would gladly trade him for a piece that would push the 2014 O's over the top, and take the risk that he develops into a plus starting pitcher. I think the likelihood of Bundy becoming a TOR starter is lower than many choose to believe.

The likelihood of Dylan Bundy becoming a top of the rotation starter is higher than the difference in our odds of winning the world series with and without Keuchel.

That is pretty funny stuff you write. You really believe the likes of Napoli, Gomes, Ortiz, Ellsbury and Salty would trump Davis, Matt, Manny, Nick and Adam or Cruz?? You're like the guy who sits behind a slot machine, inserts $5 and expects to win big with penny bets. It doesn't happen but thanks for a good laugh with your logic.:thumbsup1:

Lol, seriously man? I meant on paper, like on paper, not just listing names. The Red Sox lead the league in runs, lead in obp., with 349. They had a team era of 3.79, and an era + of 108. The os obp is 313. Era of 3.78. And era + of 104. I think the os have a better team than the os had last year, but a better team than the 2013 sox? I don think so. I don't think you will find many here who would believe that.

100% agree. I never understood why Suzuki was even being discussed. He would be a liability on defense compared to what we have and we all know how much stock Buck puts on defense.

He had very nice OBP numbers this year, in a contract year, all of a sudden. Some people saw it as a very significant upgrade. Others saw it as a defensive regression with very limited upside offensively. If they had taken Brian Matusz, I expect the Orioles would own him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duquette added that he'd like to upgrade offensive production at second base and catcher but won't sacrifice defense.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">July 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duquette added that he'd like to upgrade offensive production at second base and catcher but won't sacrifice defense.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

That's tough to do. Both Joseph and Schoop are having very good defensive seasons and Hundley ain't doin' bad either.

Do you read this as a left handed bat and a left handed reliever only?

Archived